Job description / Role
We are Chalhoub Group, a leading family business in the world of beauty, fashion and gifts. We have blended our Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury to offer service excellence to all our partners and a unique experience to all our customers for over 60 years
As we continue to grow, it's our vision to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
Based on our deep understanding and our presence in the region for over 60 years, we have identified gaps and opportunities allowing us to create innovative concepts, foster strong partnerships, and build successful brands allowing us today to enter in new ventures; our latest partnership is focused on the next generation of retail, they are b8ta!
b8ta is a new company created to fix an old problem ”brick-and-mortar retail. Our mission is to make retail accessible for all. We believe when makers have easy, direct access to physical retail, customers will in turn have unbiased access to what the world is creating.
As a technology company building a better retail stores and software for the world's most innovative brands, our team is full of extraordinary thinkers, creators, builders, early adopters, and rule-breakers. We're headquartered in San Francisco with multiple flagship and small format stores across the US - and we're just getting started. Think you can help change retail? We'd love to meet you!
What we are looking for: Retail Associate
We are seeking experienced retail sales staff, aka b8ta testers, who are great communicators and born technophiles to work in our upcoming retail location in Dubai. Our ideal candidate is excited about technology and emerging consumer hardware trends and would consider themselves an "early adopter." We're looking for b8ta testers with a passion for great customer service and who love to help others learn about the latest hardware products and prototypes.
What you will do:
- Deliver a world-class customer experience designed to build customer loyalty
- Assist b8ta visitors through the discovery, experience, and purchase process
- Maintain an expert-level knowledge of all products in the showroom; attend trainings and keep current with product research and FAQs
- Be able to speak to b8ta's vision and mission statement with visitors as requested
- Assist with in-store events
- Help clean, organize, and restock the showroom
- Assist as needed with merchandising and inventory management
- Complete home and office deliveries as needed to meet the needs of our customers
What you'll need to succeed in this role:
You will demonstrate great leadership skills and a consultative approach towards the business. Your ability to engage and communicate with a diverse range of people will ensure your success with us! More specifically, we would love to hear from you if you can say yes to the below
- 2+ years of experience in a high-touch customer service role
- Excited about new and emerging technology
- Passionate about creating a dynamic customer experience
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers and team members
- Ability to maneuver around the sales floor and stockroom
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and physically fit
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business
- Have a high level of emotional intelligence
- Have a people-oriented attitude with experience in engaging in people development
- A passion for people
- Previous experience of working in a similar field; with strong knowledge of retail in the region
What we can offer you
We will help shape your journey with us through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility.
Our Group offers the opportunity to support careers that may span different teams, different job roles, different categories and even different countries. We offer diverse career paths for those who show drive and passion as well as the desire to learn and grow.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, life insurance, child education contribution & exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.