Job description / Role
We are Chalhoub Group, a leading family business in the world of beauty, fashion and gifts. We have blended our Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury to offer service excellence to all our partners and a unique experience to all our customers for over 6o years
As we continue to grow, it's our vision to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
Our passionate teams drive our vision forward, without them, we couldn't create luxury experiences for our customers. Through opportunities, development and support, we empower each and every employee to achieve their career goals - and beyond. It's an exciting journey we're on, and one you could be part of.
What we are looking for: Department Manager - Luxury
You will be responsible for implementing the regional retail goals and objectives, budgets and commercial targets in alignment with the Group's strategic direction for the short and long term.
In addition, he/she is responsible for the management of local retail networks and managing the human capital in his/her region, directly or through Regional and Local Retail Teams ensuring excellence of commercial and retail performance.
What you'll do:
- Develop Customer Loyalty
- Propose criteria to RDM for inclusion in VIP list by brand /concept by country
- Validate VIP list submitted by Area Managers
- Set up targets by segments of key customers per store
- Provide feedback to the Marketing team on the use of the database of key customers for CRM campaigns
- Increase in score by customer segments on sales value
- Increase in score by customer segments on quantity per category of product
- Increase in average purchase value for overall key customers of network
- Number of new clients added to the database monthly
- Ensure monthly execution of topline and gross margin targets
- Ensure that annual and monthly sales targets per store are properly distributed to Area Managers and communicated on time
- Approve action plan to improve store top line and gross margin proposed by Area Managers
- Propose KPIs to be added to overall Retail's menu of manageable and simple drivers
- Approve exceptional commercial discounts to customers as per thresholds
- Propose topline and margin targets for budget of existing stores
- Ensure that store topline developed during budget are accurate, achievable, challenging and meet management's requests
- Ensure that VM's activities in stores are performed as per the Brand guidelines
- Monitor that VM activities in stores are performed by reviewing report sent by area manager
- Solve issues related to execution of VM calendar in stores through regional VM
- Monitor that Marketing activities in stores are performed by reviewing report sent by area manager
- Set calendar for Stock Take and criteria for cycle counting
- Participate in definition of criteria for cycle counting along with Merchandise Team
- Recommend criteria for cycle counting to Area manager based on specific concerns or recurring issues in stores
- Ensure that annual Stock Take and cycle counting dates chosen by local teams are appropriate for stores, as per recommendation of Area Managers
- Monitor number and results of spot checks performed in stores
- Monitor that stock discrepancies and other variances in stores are kept at a minimum
- Ensure that the interview of shop floor employees is completed in country as per target deadline
- Propose individual training of Area Managers and VM based on PDR results
- Ensure that Store Staff get appropriate trainings based on PDR results
- Ensure that disciplinary actions for shop floor employees are performed as per Group's due diligence process when escalated at their level
- Act as a coordinator between store network and CGR back-office for smooth execution of activities
- Ensure smooth coordination with Regional Merchandise Team
- Provide data and comments to Regional Marketing Team on marketing plan during preparation
- Communicate marketing plan and calendar to Area Managers for future mobilization of store staff and incorporation in line targets
- Coordinate with LGM for adequate solutions for operational issues that impact on Sales, which have not been solved by Area Managers or Retail Store Operations Specialist
What you need to succeed in this role:
- We see success in the role as having a strong knowledge of the luxury consumer, the competitive landscape of the luxury industry, and an in-depth understanding of the evolving media and digital landscape in order to drive the brand vision regionally and globally, constantly elevating our ability to acquire new customers, retaining existing customers and continuing to drive sales in the luxury/lifestyle category through consumable content.
Ready to join our exciting transformation to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of our customers everywhere? Now's your chance. By being part of our journey here at Chalhoub Group, you can make a real impact on customers and some of the finest brands in the world. In return, you'll have everything you need to innovate your career.
What we can offer you
We will help shape your journey with us through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility.
Our Group offers the opportunity to support careers that may span different teams, different job roles, different categories and even different countries. We offer diverse career paths for those who show drive and passion as well as the desire to learn and grow.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, life insurance, child education contribution & exclusive employee discounts .
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.