Job description / Role
The function of the Project Manager is to ensure that the presentation and functional quality of all store units in the Client portfolio is of the highest possible standard and in line with the company’s directed design criteria and precinct design criteria.
The Project Manager must ensure business driven retail design solutions, on-site store delivery, and minimisation of down-time in the income stream as a result of programmed openings.
The Project Manager process is achieved through both customer focus and the ongoing relationship with retailers, their designers and their contractors, builders and or shopfitters. To this, the Project Manager must be multi-disciplined in Retail Design, Retail Knowledge and Construction Management
The Services to be performed by the Service Provider apply to all elements of the Project and include comprehensive Retail Design Management, MEP Engineering and Tenancy Coordination services to ensure that all retail units are constructed as fit for the purposes intended and fully compliant to all relevant Authorities requirement for the issuance of all necessary internal Emaar and applicable local authority approvals.
The scope of services to be performed by the Service Provider shall include as a minimum:
• Day to day management of the retail unit design reviews and internal approvals
• Management of each retail design submittals. To be carried out electronically without any manual marking on the submissions
• Weekly Retail Design Tracking Reports against agreed milestones
• Initial Concept Design Reviews and Approvals in line with approved Basebuild/ landlord design parameters
• MEP Design Reviews and Approvals in line with approved Basebuild/ landlord design parameters
• Final Design Review and Approvals in line with approved Basebuild/ landlord design parameters
• Review of As Built drawings, verifying and certifying the same against site installation
• Management of all Tenancy Query Requests for issue to the nominated project consultants
• Liaise with other consultants employed by DUBAI HILLS ESTATE LLC at all stages of the project
• Ensure all technical queries are issued to DUBAI HILLS ESTATE LLC Project Consultants for action, clarification and close out
• Ensure all requested lVR's/LVR's are issued to DUBAI HILLS ESTATE LLC for action and approval. All works pertaining to lVR / LVR have to be handled by the Service Provider (Communications, Inspect on site and implementing the same in the design drawings)
• Conduct pre-handover site review ensuring all demise areas have been constructed in line with the issued Lease Outline Drawings (LOD's)
• m) Conduct inspection & sign off of lVR works carried out on behalf of the tenant.
• Coordinate all pre-handover site design meetings
• Daily site inspections to ensure design quality is achieved throughout the fit-out period
• Pre-opening defects inspection and reporting
• Pre-open for trade site inspection and sign off prior to opening
• SNC Lavalin’s Faithful+Gould business is one of the world’s leading integrated project and programme management consultancies; with over 2,400 professionals operating worldwide.
• Our aim is to protect and maximise our clients’ interests throughout the planning and delivery of projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, on budget. We pride ourselves on collaborating with client teams and developing long-term relationships.
• Key services include, Project management, programme management, project controls, commercial management, cost management and expert scheduling and construction planning.
• Our industry is going through a digital transformation and we have been investing in and pioneering digital methods to improve all aspects of our service. We have focussed our digital transformation around platform modernisation and product development and through standardisation and automation, we are achieving efficiencies that are directly passed on our clients who benefit from a consistent quality of service as well as the savings.
• Active in the Middle East for over 20 years, we have offices in the UAE, Qatar, Oman and Saudi Arabia. We hire and retain only the best people in the industry. Our success is built on recruiting – and then developing – brilliant people from a broad range of professional and cultural backgrounds. It’s precisely this diversity of talent that sets us apart.
• Acquired by SNC Lavalin in 2017, we also have an extensive depth of geographic exposure across 50 countries and the breadth of 53,000 experts. As one of the largest engineering contractors, we have access to 17,000 staff in the Middle East making us one of the largest multidisciplinary consultancies in the region.
The concept / theme is a streets and square concept, with an outdoor ambience incorporated within an indoor conditioned environment. Aesthetically designed keeping the family shopper in mind, the retail offerings of the mall have been categorized into 3 distinct districts. The project will feature 2 million square feet of leasable space spread over ground and first floor levels, comprising c.650 retail and F&B outlets, three major family entertainment centres, a 20-screen Cineplex, a hypermarket, and outdoor events area.
The mall will deliver modern ”industrial chic” architecture and interior design and will provide over 50 F&B offerings across two levels with external terraces to maximise the integration with the adjoining Expo Plaza Park, an urban green park of multi-recreational and sports usage. Key entertainment offerings include a 9 screen cinema and large family entertainment centre located at opposite ends of the linear mall positioned to draw custom down the main mall concourse spine of approximately 300m in length. The mall will consist of c. 180 units.
• Retail Design Management Deliverables:
Present the following:
• Weekly Design Tracker Reports
• Completed Emaar approval forms, including, but not limited to the following:
• Tenant Authorised Representative details
• Tenant Designer details
• Tenant MEP consultant details
• Tenant Structural Consultant details
• Tenant Lighting Consultant details
• Tenant General Contractor details
• Tenant MEP contractor details
• Design submission forms for all stages of Concept & detailed design including MEP design
• Review & sign off of project close out documentation including T&C reports
• Pre handover inspections reports, including compliance with LOD's
• Pre site handover design meeting minutes
• Site inspection reports
• Pre-Opening defects report
• Pre-Trade inspection report and sign off prior to opening sheets
• Defects close out report
• TVR Tracking report
• Ideally experience in retail design and retail construction of similar project
• Management skills and the ability to relate to the complexities of managing retail property
• University degree or equivalent in a technical discipline, preferably Interior Design or Architecture
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Negotiations skills
• Presentation skills
• Market Knowledge
We offer an excellent package which includes:
• A competitive salary
• Accommodation allowance
• Transportation allowance
• 22 calendar days annual leave
• Medical and life insurance cover
• Company gratuity scheme
• Discretionary bonus scheme
• Annual flight allowance to point of origin
• Employee Well-Being Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).