Job description / Role
Faithful+Gould are looking for a Retail Design Manager in UAE, with prior experience working with Landlords/Developers
The position is mainly responsible to manage and ensure that the presentation and functional quality of all stores in the Shopping Malls Portfolio is of the highest possible standard and in line with the Company's directed design criteria and precinct design criteria
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Ensure that the presentation and functional quality of all stores in the Shopping Malls Portfolio is of the highest possible standard and in line with the Company's directed design criteria and precinct design criteria.
- Ensure business driven retail design solutions, on-site store delivery, and minimization of downtime in the income stream as a result of programmed openings.
- Enhance retail design process and ensure that it is achieved through both customer and the ongoing relationship with retailers, their designers and their contractors, builders and/or shop fitters. To this, the RDM must be multidiscipline in Retail Design, Retail knowledge and construction management.
- Initiate contact and meet with the Retailer(s) and their design team / Consultant to discuss and clarify the SMBU's design criteria and retail delivery process for new shop openings and existing shop upgrades.
- Share and discuss proposed retail designs with key stakeholders within SMBU and obtain required approvals for related works.
- Monitor and track on a regular basis design delivery and provide update reports to key stakeholders for their review and information.
- Liaise with leasing department in SMBU relating to the RDM process. This includes timely coordination with leasing in order seek clarification regarding agreed terms and conditions with merchants and track activities to ensure that tenancy is handed over to lessee by the established and agreed deadline.
- Interact with Mall Managers in order to coordinate works and costs during the store / unit fit-out process and ensure that minimum hindrance is faced during the redevelopment projects.
- Coordinate with the lessee's designer(s) on the retail design, conditions of premise and logistic package. This includes chasing and guiding retailer's designer to forward a final retail design and MEP design for approval.
- Administer and ensure to provide Green Star assessments for project and to all new merchant deals in accordance with the established guidelines and assessment criteria.
- Ensure compliance with the MAFP SMBU's Code of Conduct, Departmental policies and HC Policies and Procedures at all times.
- Be the advocate and ambassador of aligning and cascading the MAFP values across SMBU and ensure that it is adhered to and exhibit the same all the time.
- Lead by example - thrive to create an honest and open work environment where individuals collaborate /support each other as a team and are passionate to achieve a common business objective.
SNC Lavalin's Faithful+Gould business is one of the world's leading integrated project and programme management consultancies; with over 2,400 professionals operating worldwide.
Our aim is to protect and maximise our clients' interests throughout the planning and delivery of projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, on budget. We pride ourselves on collaborating with client teams and developing long-term relationships.
Key services include, Project management, programme management, project controls, commercial management, cost management and expert scheduling and construction planning.
Our industry is going through a digital transformation and we have been investing in and pioneering digital methods to improve all aspects of our service. We have focussed our digital transformation around platform modernisation and product development and through standardisation and automation, we are achieving efficiencies that are directly passed on our clients who benefit from a consistent quality of service as well as the savings.
Active in the Middle East for over 20 years, we have offices in the UAE, Qatar, Oman and Saudi Arabia. We hire and retain only the best people in the industry. Our success is built on recruiting - and then developing - brilliant people from a broad range of professional and cultural backgrounds. It's precisely this diversity of talent that sets us apart
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering / Architecture or equivalent. Recognized Certifications in Occupational Health and Safety discipline and an international sustainability system are highly desirable.
- Landlord/Developer experience mandatory
- 8-10 years of relevant experience
- Middle East experience mandatory
Rewards and Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Accommodation allowance
- Transportation allowance
- 22 calendar days annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).