Job description / Role
Who we are
We are a leading luxury retailer in the Middle East, with more than 600 stores, 300 brands, and over 65 years of experience in the region, we are the premiere destination for luxury goods. To fuel the next stage of our organisation's growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey.
Ready to join our exciting transformation to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of our customers everywhere? Now's your chance. By being part of our journey here at Chalhoub Group, you can make a real impact on customers and some of the finest brands in the world. In return, you'll have everything you need to innovate your career.
What you'll be doing
Our Retail Director is responsible for ensuring that Store Directors/Managers maximize the commercial performance of their retail shops and deliver exceptional Guest Experience. Our Retail Supervisor is also responsible for establishing a bridge between back-office and their network of stores which they control/audit on a continuous basis and implement corrective solutions and actions.
- Understand the brand strategy and cascade within the given network
- In conjunction with Marketing, ensure the full implementation of the of marketing and CX strategies and programs
- Implement Brand guidelines taking in consideration each market specifications
- Agree on a yearly calendar of sales with commercial team
- Control discount and margins to insure constant business profitability
- Follow up periodically on the sales figures per line and stock at hand (Sell-Out)
- Manage potential shortages, review orders and inform merchandising team on the status
- Record, monitor and analyze market trends, competitors activities
- Provide commercial with quantitative and qualitative reports using data from market studies and in-house system
- Define sales target per sales team member
- Manage the P&L for the brand at hand
- Monitor the performance of the brand and send recommendation
- Manage the organizations' resources within budget guidelines
- Provide prompt, thorough, and accurate information to keep management appropriately informed of the brands financial position
- Develop and motivate team members to ensure transfer of know-how and continuous positive work environment
- Monitor team members performance and provide formal and informal feedback and appraisal in order to maximize efficiency
What you'll need to succeed
We see success in the role as having a strong knowledge of the luxury consumer, the competitive landscape of the luxury industry, and an in-depth understanding of the evolving media and digital landscape in order to drive the brand vision regionally and globally, constantly elevating our ability to acquire new customers, retaining existing customers and continuing to drive sales in the luxury/lifestyle category through consumable content. More specifically, we would like to hear from you if you can say yes to the below...
- Proven experience as a Retail Manager
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizing and leadership skills
- Commercial awareness and analytical thinking
- Expertise in Customer Experience Journeys, Clienteling, and After Sales Service
- Minimum 8 years experience in the Luxury Retail industry, 3 of which in a managerial role
What we can offer you
We will help shape your journey with us through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility.
Our Group offers the opportunity to support careers that may span different teams, different job roles, different categories and even different countries. We offer diverse career paths for those who show drive and passion as well as the desire to learn and grow.
We recognize the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, life insurance, child education contribution, remote and flexible working as well as exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.