Job description / Role
A leading Retail Developer is seeking to recruit an experienced Retail Leasing Manager for their luxury Shopping Mall based in Abu Dhabi.
This role is responsible for:
• Managing and directing the daily activities of the independent retailers and smaller chain groups in accordance with company policies and procedures.
• Responsible for all mid-level leasing functions, which may include reviewing and negotiating lease transactions and agreements, amendments, weekly updates and reports, internal approval forms, plans updates and sourcing of new leads.
• Responsible for all renewals for any given year in line with department policy to initiate renewals minimum 6 months ahead of expiry.
• Responsible for generating new leads from local, regional and international markets as required.
• Contribute to the development and implementation of best practice policies and procedures to improve efficiency and profitability of the department.
• Monitors market trends and competing malls.
• Works closely with the team to drive department results.
• Manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs.
• Ensures that asset and department milestones or goals are met in a timely manner and over budget as a norm.
• Maintains extensive knowledge of department processes including internal approvals, documentation and weekly/monthly reporting.
• Oversee all aspects of leasing of vacant spaces within approved leasing strategy to maximize rental and occupancy.
• Vetting new enquiries to complete department due diligence before heads of terms are granted.
• Responsible for lease renewals negotiation, lease agreements and other leasing duties as assigned by Head of Leasing.
• Oversee a team for the general administration of all lease documentation, rental payments and arrears recovery actions.
• Prepare leasing reports as and when required by the department/business.
• Conduct market and competitor analysis.
• Develop and grow relationships with national, regional and local tenants, as well as tenant brokers, business, civic groups and individuals.
• Have general knowledge of the local laws governing landlord/tenant relationships.
• Manage efficient communication, retail support, and product representation for prospects.
This role is open to UAE Nationals who will possess the following:
• Demonstrable experience as a Leasing Manager.
• Ability to approach new and existing tenants quickly.
• Productivity oriented.
• Track record of deals done.
• Track record of continuous improvement and learning.
• Ability to plan and negotiate
• Knowledge of the real estate market, regionally.
• Excellent work ethic.
• Good understanding of retail markets and trends.
• Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.
• Good understanding of tenant mix and zoning.
• Good understanding of mall operations and associated policies and procedures.
• Strong business acumen and good technical knowledge of leasing commercial Facilities.
• Ability to work independently and within a team to build relationships and interact effectively and in cooperation with team.
• At least 4 years in a similar role
About the Company
Consisting only of Director level personnel, each with over 12 years' experience of working within the Gulf Region, we aim to alleviate all the issues and frustrations traditionally associated with using a Resourcing or external HR service. Each client and candidate is handpicked and dealt with by a Director personally thus ensuring that all parties get the level of service they expect. to: Consisting only of Director level personnel, each with over 12 years' experience of working within the Gulf Region, we aim to alleviate all the issues and frustrations traditionally associated with using a Resourcing or external HR service. Each client and candidate is handpicked and dealt with by a Director personally thus ensuring that all parties get the level of service they expect.
Sales Manager - Government
Customer Service Manager
A Leading Group of Companies
Assistant Production Manager (Home Appliances)
Dubai Holding Group