Job description / Role
A 12 month fixed term contract:
• Working closely with the Regional Revenue Manager, Partners and Fee Earners in the deliverance of the billing function
• Reviewing levels of work in progress and disbursements and ensure that Partners raise bills in a timely manner or write off WIP that cannot be recovered
• Preparing draft bills and providing supporting information and analysis as requested by the Regional Revenue Manager/Partners/Fee Earners
• Ensuring transactions comply with Solicitors Code of Conduct as applicable
• Ensuring that bills are dispatched to clients and posted to Accounting Ledgers promptly in line with established deadlines and cut offs
• Assessing and implementing appropriate collection methods in consultation with the Regional Revenue Manager, Partners and Fee Earners. Ensuring that all debts are collected promptly, collection targets are met and informing the Regional Revenue Manager/Partners or any likely exposure
• Produce and deliver client statements and analyses as required by the Regional Revenue Manager/ Partners/Fee Earners
• Maintaining accurate records of collection activities in SAP, the firm’s practice management and accounting system
• Liaising closely with Partners/Fee Earners on the progress of individual jobs, gaining an understanding of the firm’s involvement with each client
• Opening matters in accordance with prescribed procedures
• Conducting due diligence on new matters to ensure that all areas of financial risk in relation to the revenue cycle are considered during the matter opening stage
• Communicating with key stake holders on areas of risk and recommending solutions to manage risk
• Relevant Bachelor degree or with professional qualification
• Minimum of 2 to 3 years legal firm background is essential
• Billing and credit controller experience
• An enthusiastic team player with strong communication skills and the confidence to liaise at all levels and act as a business partner in the delivery of role
• Highly numerate, an accounting background while not essential, would add value to the role
• Adaptable and flexible and able to complete tasks without close supervision
• Self-motivated, dedicated and ability to display a sense of humour
• Strong legal billing experience, preferably with recent experience of Aderant Expert/SAP or similar systems
• Good working knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook and general familiarity with IT systems
• Must be articulate and professional in delivery, with a well-developed sense of discretion
• Must be flexible over hours and prepared to work occasional additional hours when required, in particular at month ends
• Must be confident and credible with senior stakeholders
• Ability to multi task, and work under pressure
About the Company
RecruitME are a specialized recruitment consultancy supplying top tier business support staff to Dubais leading multinational organizations. We carefully source, screen and select only the very best candidates to assist our clients in making easier recruitment decisions faster.
Differentiating ourselves from standard recruitment agencies our consultants have been carefully chosen for their backgrounds in business support for leading multinational organizations. Having been both the client and the candidate previously, we have an insiders understanding of the recruitment process and our clients needs.
What we do:
Specializing in business support positions we can assist in introducing a small selection of experienced administration, finance and human resource candidates with the relevant experience to benefit your business. Our careful screening process ensures that we have met with and can give a concise overview of each candidates skills and current situation before you meet them.
We pride ourselves on sending our clients only the very best available candidates in the market to ensure a simplified, hassle free and timely recruitment experience for all involved.