Job description / Role
• Perform revenue tasks required for revenue recognition and the month end close, including journal entries, accruals, reconciling balance sheet accounts and preparing variance analyses.
• Provide support on the revenue process including revenue reporting, expense analyses, bond requests and other ad hoc reporting.
• Responsible for the A/R process including invoicing, maintaining the unbilled tracker and other ad hoc reporting.
• Prepare the cash flow forecast and record client receipts and assist with various ad-hoc project work as required.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
Performing revenue accounting tasks and ensuring a timely month end close
• Accrual schedules are prepared after the month end close, with insights on spend
• Monthly chargebacks are processed on time and analysed to ensure alignment with plan
• Balance sheet accounts are reconciled and discrepancies highlighted
• A/R and revenue variances are analysed and incorporated into month end deck
• Client development spend, DSO and imputed interest are analysed and reported
Coordinating the revenue process and ensuring accuracy of revenue reporting
• Revenue recognition is prepared for active projects and opportunities and included in forecast
• Revenue reports are prepared and analysed
• Unbilled expense analysis is prepared and analysed; adjustments entered against revenue
• Case expense detail is prepared for active cases and shared with relevant stakeholders
Managing the contracts and collections process
• Unbilled invoice tracker is frequently updated to reflect status of invoices, timing of when invoices are to be issued/ to be paid and documented follow ups
• Contract tracker is maintained to reflect contracts received versus still outstanding and documented follow ups
• Proactively connect with account team to inquire about client contracts, when they will be signed and propose an invoicing schedule as appropriate
• Review client contracts and other commercial documents (e.g. NDAs), ensure that they are properly and systematically signed, managed, filed and collected in line with policies
• Prepare client invoices, ensuring that they are issued on time and payments by clients are collected on time, including coordination and follow up with client contacts
• Put in place appropriate financial and business controls to ensure and monitor compliance with global policies, with any exceptions or concerns being promptly escalated
• Provide ad-hoc support
• Assist with year-end audit and revenue analysis as required by external audit team
The candidate role will be the business coordinator in the ME business and is playing the support role; will be reporting to the Team Lead, Revenue and will collaborates with the internal stakeholders such as Partners, Principal/Managers; other Middle East Finance team, Legal and HR Teams and to the local and global teams.
• Fluent in both English and Arabic (oral and written)
• Must have a strong understanding of the local market combined with good basic knowledge in either audit, legal compliance or/and risk management and the ability to grasp new areas quickly.
• Must be results-driven, has a ”can-do” attitude, and has proven multi-tasking skills whilst paying close attention to detail and ensuring zero-defect processes and documents.
• Must be able to process routine work with speed and accuracy and be capable of adhering to strict and often challenging deadlines, whilst communicating professionally with all levels of staff both internally and externally, and up to senior levels.
About the Company
Aspire prides itself on its relationships with the MENA regions most accomplished professionals and we thrive on supporting the growth of local and multinational companies.
We believe in partnerships based upon a transparent and personable approach, enabling our clients access to the very best talent not available on the open market and our candidates with challenging and long lasting career opportunities.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
National Marine Dredging Company