Job description / Role
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
Job Description & Summary
A career in Human Resources, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference at PwC by helping to fully leverage the skills and talents of all our people. You'll help our local offices in driving the Firm's people strategy, creating a unique people experience for each individual, and supporting our Firm wide values by working with the core competencies that measure and drive individual and Firm wide success in the marketplace.
Our Talent and Performance team helps identify key talent value drivers specific to our business and focus on metrics based assessments of our talent management and talent drivers and identifying skills, roles, and people required to deliver our business strategy. You'll focus on enhancing performance management within PwC to offer benefits that are critically appealing to our employees which include career paths with a variety of opportunities, differentiated reward and recognition outcomes, and a culture of high performance and real-time feedback.
- Gather and analyze data to produce useful insights related to Rewards & Benefits
- Perform complex analyses in a variety of compensation areas, such as internal and external equity, annual salary and bonus reviews, and market data benchmarking
- Conduct cost modeling to assess the costs of implementing changes to existing reward offerings
- Create dashboards, automated reports, and tools to assist stakeholders with all compensation related queries
- Provide concrete data-driven insights to answer reward related questions
- Support Line of Service leaders in the development, refinement, and improvement of their Rewards Strategy
- Ability to interpret business questions and provide solutions through appropriate analytics models
- Ability to automate reports and dashboards to enable business users to self-serve
- Capability to work independently in a dynamic, rapidly changing work environment
- Data visualization skills
- Demonstrated technical expertise with the ability to get clear value out of data
- Experience with Power BI, Google Sheets, Google Cloud Platform, and Google Big Query
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we've set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We're a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We're striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we're proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone's uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you're looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you're a future PwCer.