Risk Internal Audit Senior Associate
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job description / Role
Assurance - Risk - Internal Audit - Senior Associate - Abu Dhabi
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
A career in our Risk practice will provide you with the opportunity to help companies rethink their approach to risk and create a sustainable risk advantage. We're a part of a unique client proposition, assisting our clients develop proper internal controls by leveraging analytics and technology solutions to underpin efficient execution of governance, to optimise their risk and compliance policies and processes, and improve business performance.
Our team helps organisations rethink their approach to risk and compliance to drive strategy, capabilities and performance. As part of the team, you'll work on developing integrated risk strategies and frameworks across all landscapes to help our clients navigate new and evolving laws, regulations, and complex industry specific compliance requirements.
Functional skills needed for this role include the following.
- Design and development of corporate governance frameworks and design of governance operating models
- Conducting governance gap assessments and maturity analysis
- Knowledge of the main codes of corporate governance (local, regional and international)
- Awareness of best practices across all major dimensions of corporate governance - i.e. board structure and operations, strategy & planning, risk management & compliance, transparency & disclosure, Corporate Governance policies (e.g. code of conduct, business ethics, RPTs, whistleblower, etc.)
- Design and development of board and committee charters
- Governance gap analysis and maturity assessments
- Awareness of subsidiary governance and the key concepts
- Conducting Governance audits
- High level awareness of related automation solutions (board governance, GRC solutions)
Operational / Organizational Governance:
- Experience of having designed business operating models, including organization structuring
- Design and development of Delegation of Authorities across core functional areas such as Governance, Corporate affairs, HR, Finance, IT, Procurement, Legal & Compliance, etc.
- Organization structure development and understanding of organization design models
- Knowledge and understanding of performance management
- Working knowledge of key concepts around risk management and compliance (which are key elements of overall governance experience).
- Experience of working with family business in the ME region
- Understanding of family business dynamics including the range of challenges faced in ensuring smooth transition from one generation to the next
- Knowledge and understanding of how a Family Constitution is developed including the key topics typically covered
- High level awareness of legal aspects related to family constitutions and how relevant clauses can be made enforceable.
General profile of candidate:
- Experience of 5-8 years including 2+ years of Big 4 Consulting experience or a recognised consulting firm.
- Wide sectoral / industry experience - we need people who are able to apply their functional skills across a broad range of industry sectors. Industry specialists are not necessarily an advantage.
- Ability to think and work independently, but at the same time to work as a team, by ensuring that direct reports and supervisors are communicated with and kept informed.
- Strong report writing and workshop/ presentation skills - equally strong in both areas and not one or the other.
- Understanding of project management and economics
- We need candidates who come across as personable, confident and empathetic. This is especially so for candidates who will be exposed to family governance where we are dealing with clients at the ownership level including Chairmen and members of the board of directors of some of the largest and most high profile family businesses in the ME.
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we've set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We're a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We're striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we're proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone's uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you're looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you're a future PwCer.