Job description / Role
Are you customer obsessed, flexible, smart and analytical, execution focused and passionate about e-commerce?
PayFort is a leading Payment Service Provider in MENA region with operations spanning across 8 countries and technically integrated with 14 acquirers and 18 issuers, offers online payment services to more than 3000 merchants. PayFort team is trying to build a robust execution and management process for driving the best payment experience on & off Amazon. While we are working towards launching innovative ways to pay and with the most friction less manner, we understand Payments to customers & Sellers is a key enabler in building Trust. Refunds to customer and disbursements to sellers from a payment perspective is a conjoined cohort and should be read together in the program definition.
Working in a dynamic environment, you will be responsible for making sure the experience for our customers and sellers is seamless. Your Key responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Consult legal for guidance on specific use cases or escalations
• Identify gaps in controls and processes
• Design program controls and testing mechanisms in collaboration with internal teams
• Executes against established SOPs and identify opportunities for process improvement
• Establish SOPs, process controls, recommend revisions and ensure alignment with risk and regulatory requirements.
• Observe, escalates & resolve gaps in processes or controls
• Communicates and defends processes and controls to peers in partner organizations
• Perform deep dive analysis and creates COE based on identified deviations and recommends appropriate solutions.
• Measures key metrics, process or control risk to inform product and program level risk assessment and own weekly/monthly metrics and process reviews with internal and external stakeholders
• Maintain subject matter expertise specific to job functions and general industry awareness
• Earns trust of peers by understanding operational processes related to risk management programs and product offerings
• Makes recommendations as inputs into product and technology roadmap discussions
• Research and recommend innovative technology solutions to management
• Implement operational program controls by creating project plans
• Identifies, prioritizes and coordinates work streams necessary
• Influences internal teams to uphold and maintain program control
• Recommend to product and technical teams improvements to technical risk management solutions to drive program efficiencies
• 3+ years’ experience in payments, fraud-prevention, compliance, buyer & merchant risk management and/or charge back management.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
• Strong problem solving, initiative and follow-through skills.
• Experience working with geographically distributed teams within a complex international organization
• Knowledge of the payment industry, regulatory compliance landscape, and of credit and debit payments systems
• Ability to effectively communicate in written and verbal form across functional groups within the company, with Clients, Customers and Vendors, as well as Senior Management.
• Ability to manage through influence
• Strong analytical skills
• Bachelor's degree
• Experience working in a risk and control capacity with engineering teams and technical functions.
• Any Risk, Compliance, Audit and/or Information Security-related certification preferred
• Master's degree from a reputed business school from a reputed business school
• 5+ years’ experience in payments, fraud-prevention, compliance, buyer & merchant risk management and/or charge back management.
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.