Job description / Role
The Risk Manager’s responsibility is to advise on and prepare the organization for potential risks to the profitability, safety, security or existence of the organization. They will conduct extensive research and assessments to determine and reduce the organization's risks and liabilities and communicate risk policies, procedures and processes for the organization. The Risk Manager must have excellent quantitative and analytical skills, along with the ability to apply those skills across a variety of business processes and in their reporting to various stakeholders.
- Responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining enterprise risk management framework, adopting the risk-based approach promulgated by the UAE Central Bank and other relevant regulatory and government authorities.
- Design, draft and implement the risk management policies and procedures to be adopted by the organization, ensuring that these are fit for purpose for the organization’s business model.
- Identify risk assessment criteria and define roles and responsibilities.
- Conduct detailed risk assessments and prepare reports.
- Evaluate identified risks against a variety of information and factors to provide commentary and recommendations about how to mitigate these risks and initiating actions to address any gaps or deficiencies identified during the remediation process.
- Lead the development of the Business Impact Analysis report to be prepared in collaboration with other departments and functions.
- Develop and implement a third part risk assessment framework to be utilized to assess third party risks and mitigating factors for all external relations proposed to be entered into and existing third-party relationships maintained by the organization.
- Manage company insurance policies in collaboration with the CFO.
- Prepare risk plan and risk management budget.
- Prepare and/or review insightful reports on key trends, market analysis and comparable companies and domain from the perspective of risk management regulations, guidelines and best practices.
- Preparing and maintaining risk registers for departments and company covering KRIs, significant risks, risk ratings at inherent and residual level, etc.
- Prepare and maintain a risk matrix.
- Prepare risk reports and present to the management and stakeholders.
- Advise on and obtain approval for implementing risk management systems that may be deemed necessary for the organization.
- Work in coordination with the CTO and CISO to develop, maintain and implement the organization’s Business Continuity Plan and Management (BCP & BCM).
- Head the Crisis Management Team of the organization and take responsibility for developing and implementing the Crisis Management Program of the organization.
- Maintain a register of all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines, notices, etc. issued by domestic and international bodies that carry implications for the risk management of the organization.
- Provide training for employees to become aware of risks and learn to avoid them.
- Provide coaching, develop skills, deepen learning, and improve performance of employees and peers.
- Responsible for risk reporting to the UAE Central Bank in consultation with the Compliance Officer
- Review all company contract terms and ensure its compliance with enterprise risk management framework.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Business studies, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or Law (A Master’s Degree in one or more of these fields will be an advantage).
- Professional Risk Management (PRM) or similar certification.
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in a bank, regulated financial institution, mobile wallet or money exchange company, preferably in the UAE.
- Sound knowledge of the UAE’s legal and regulatory framework, CBUAE’s regulations, guidelines and notices and AML/CFT laws and regulations.
In addition to the quantitative qualifications listed above, the following qualitative factors will be assessed:
- Recognition that the organization is a startup and accordingly demonstrate passion for collaborating with high energy and focus, driving results across multiple projects.
- Excellent research and exceptional written and verbal communication skills, ability to translate concepts into clear steps and communicate to technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels.
- Self-motivated, multitasker with capability to work independently and continually calibrate priorities with minimal supervision.
About the Company
A leading tech company in UAE.