Job description / Role
We have an exciting role for a Robotics lab technician within a university. The incumbent will be responsible for providing technical support for teaching and research activities.
Duties will include:
• Operate, maintain and perform the service for the hardware and software components of the existing equipment including robots.
• Liaise with manufacturers for equipment and robots repair and servicing.
• Diagnose and resolve problems and suggest solutions related to lab experiments.
• Carry out specialist technical and experimental procedures.
• Conduct aerial and ground robots for experimental setups
• Use CAD/CAM package for 3-D Modelling.
• Maintain accurate records of all techniques, experimental procedures, and any other research activities.
• Ensure health and safety are adhered to at all times
To be selected you will have a Bachelor’s Degree of Computer Science , Engineering or Mathematics , or equivalent and will have;
• Experience with the operation of typical robotic lab equipment such as indoor tracking systems, drones, aerial robotic experimental setups, wheeled mobile robots, robotic manipulators.
• CAD and 3D printing experience
• Ability to manage own time
• Pro-active and a team player
Thank you for your interest. All applications are viewed and evaluated according to the role requirements. We aim to contact shortlisted candidates within 2 weeks. As we often receive a high volume of applications, we are unable to reply to everyone. If you have not heard back from us within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
About the Company
Inspire Selection is an award winning recruitment agency, headquartered in Dubai which recruits across the Middle East region. We employ highly knowledgeable, professional consultants who are experts in connecting the right people with the right opportunities. Our reputation has been built upon our honesty, integrity and our ability to source candidates of the highest calibre right across our specialist sectors. As a result, we are recruitment partners to a wide spectrum of organisations - from leading blue chip companies to smaller, local businesses. Sectors we cover include HR, Administration, Finance & Accounting, Legal, Sales & Marketing including Digital Marketing, IT, Oil/Gas/Energy, Engineering, Procurement, Manufacturing, Higher Education.