Job description / Role
• Develop Rolling Stock maintenance plans by setting the numeric goals and key initiatives to achieve the goals, based on the current and expected performance, and within specifications.
• Manage the maintenance functions and activities of Rolling Stock maintenance.
• Review of designs, proposals (design maintainability review) and submit recommendations when requested, and review maintenance plans and layout to ensure its compliance with the standards.
• Ensure the concessionaire are following Rolling Stock maintenance procedures to enhance the maintenance quality standard and efficiency of the assets maintenance.
• Manage, execution, and supervision of concessionaire work/projects including, review work requirements, work scheduling and approval of work programs. Evaluate concessionaire work completion, periodic site inspections.
• Ensure the implementation of the preventive and corrective maintenance according to the maintenance plans and relevant KPIs’.
• Ensure following project take-over process and end of Defect Liability Period (DLP) inspection from the main contractor, ensure that snag lists are prepared and submitted to the contractor for rectification through the concerned department.
• Facilitate the management review on Rolling Stock maintenance issues, performance, inspection, progress towards the objectives and targets, programs, etc.
• Ensure available resources, through liaison with support departments, other offices, or subsidiaries, to create project teams capable of completing effective, quality work.
• Manage staff in accordance with the company policies and procedures; oversee staff in development, analysis and preparation pf reports.
• Communicate with senior engineers and system operators on maintenance cost with ERV (estimate replacement value) and other related Rolling Stock maintenance activities and planning.
• Responsible for preparing yearly reports comparing the maintenance practices of the department with the current international best practices.
• Manage the concessionaire to plan and deliver planned preventative maintenance, fault response and corrective maintenance in line with the corporate asset lifecycle polices
• Determine maintenance regimes for planned preventative maintenance activities based on optimized lifecycle strategies
• Perform other responsibilities associated with this position when appropriate.
• Bachelor degree in Engineering: Mechanical/Electrical/Electronic from a recognized University.
• 7 years of relevant working experience in rail industry, investigating of maintenance issues.
• Excellent Knowledge of mechanical and electrical production and maintenance techniques appertaining to Rolling Stock and ancillary systems.
• Knowledge of maintenance philosophy and Quality systems. (Kaizan, Six Sigma, ISO 9000).
• Ability to analyse and Overseeing of all aspects of Rolling Stock maintenance.
• Highly analytical thinking with demonstrated talent for identifying, scrutinizing, improving, and streamlining complex work processes.
• Computer-literate performer with extensive software proficiency covering wide variety of applications.
• Exceptional listener and communicator who effectively conveys information verbally and in writing.
• Resourceful team player who excels at building trusting relationships with customers and colleagues
• Flexible team player who thrives in environments requiring ability to effectively prioritize and juggle multiple concurrent projects.
• Innovative problem-solver who can generate workable solutions and resolve complaints.
• Goal-driven leader who maintains a productive climate and confidently motivates, mobilizes, and coaches employees to meet high performance standards.
• Results-driven achiever with exemplary planning and organizational skills, along with a high degree of detail orientation.
About the Company
The Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) came into formation in November 2005. It is responsible for planning and executing transport and traffic projects in Dubai, preparing legislation and strategic plans, planning and constructing the Dubai Metro, developing other integrated solutions of road systems and marine networks that are safe and in line with the city’s economic development plans and the highest international standards.