Job description / Role
Specific Duties and responsibilities
• Report for duty on time
• Sign daily attendance sheet.
• Receives work assignment, key and supplies from the supervisors.
• Sign key logbook and is the responsible for master key.
• Check all rooms to verify room status every morning
• Clean rooms and bath rooms, performing any combination of the following duty
• Vacuum carpet and upholstered furniture, dusts and damp wipes furniture, empty ashtrays and waste baskets.
• Make beds, wash sink, bath tub, toilets, tiles, mirrors and floor.
• Polish brass and metal
• Replenishes bathroom supplies and room supplies.
• Tidies and arranges neatly guest toilet articles on vanity top.
• Spot cleans carpet when necessary.
• Spot cleans upholstery and drapery when necessary.
• Cleans and keeps the guest corridors, service pantries and service area neat and tidy at all times.
• Check and reports any maintenance work required to the supervisors immediately.
• Reports damaged or missing items and suspicious behavior of the guest to supervisor immediately.
• Informs or removes room service trays and trolleys from guest room and corridors.
• Inform valet service to collect guest’s clothes for laundry, dry cleaning or pressing services.
• Fills in the room attendant report with accurate time of entering the guest room.
• Turns in all Lost and Found articles to Housekeeping before off duty.
• Maintains rooms assigned, in clean, safe and hygienic state at all time.
• Greet guest in courteous and polite manner at all times.
• Report to housekeeping office of guests who have pets, cooking equipment and dangerous possessions in the room.
• Coordinates with supervisor if items are missing in assigned areas.
• Opens and records down the time for rooms requested by engineering in the
• housekeeping attendant report.
• Attends daily briefing
• Reports to work well groomed
• Adheres to the strict rules and regulations pertaining to key security.
• Report Do Not Disturb rooms.
• To promote efficiency, confidence and an extremely high standard of social skills.
• To generally promote and ensure good inter-department relations.
• To display a pleasant manner and positive attitude at all times and to promote a good company image to guest and colleagues.
• To demonstrate pride in the workplace and personal appearance at all time when representing the hotel thus identifying a high level of commitment.
• To adhere to company and hotel rules and regulations at all times.
• To report any equipment failure/problems to the supervisors.
• To pass any maintenance requests to the maintenance department.
• To participate in any Training/Developments schemes as recommended by senior management.
• To assist the duty manager in any task outlined/detailed by him/her.
• To comply with any reasonable request made by management to the beat of your ability.
• Ensure that the standards required by law and by management are maintained at all times in the areas specified above.
• Has good communication skills.
• Minimum 22 credits capacity during 1 shift.
• Experience in Bed Making.
• Dry and wet Vacuum machine and scrubbing machine handling.
• Hotel Experience is mandatory.
About the Company
A leading group in UAE.