Job description / Role
Play Your Part
Cleans guest rooms as assigned ensuring the Hotel's established standards of cleanliness. Responsible for reporting any maintenance deficiencies and handling guest requests or complaints. Ensures the confidentiality and security of all guests and guests' rooms.
- Responsible for delivering the guest experience by consistently meeting the highest standards of cleanliness, attention to (LEGO) details efficiency and guest satisfaction throughout all areas of the Hotel.
- Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow-through, courtesy, cooperativeness and work with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to exert physical effort in using cleaning equipment
- Ability to endure abundant physical movements in cleaning various guest rooms
- Use correct cleaning chemicals for designated surfaces, according to the hotel's regulations and hotel requirements
- Clean guest rooms by category priority
- Transport cleaning supplies, amenities and linens to assigned guest room and position securely
- Service assigned guest rooms daily
- Empty trash containers
- Discard any room service trays/items from the room
- Remove all dirty linens and replace with clean par to designated layout
- Remove soil, dirt, soap build-up and hair from bathroom mirrors, vanity, sink, toilet, shower walls, shower curtain, hair dryer and floor
- Replace facial, toilet tissue and bathroom amenities in correct amount and location
- Replace laundry bags and tickets
- Clean closets on checkout rooms, removing dust and debris.
- Ensure correct amount and placement of hangers, extra blanket/pillow
- Dust all furniture through-out the room and LEGO features on daily basis
- Check that LEGO features are complete
- Realign furniture to floor plan
- Open all drawers/doors in checkout rooms and remove items left behind by guests. Dust inside
- Check around bed & chairs for debris and remove if present
- Inspect condition of all furniture and carpet for tears, rips or stains: report any damages to the floor leads
- Dust pictures, frames and mirrors
- Remove dust and debris on television, clock radio and remote control
- Set correct time on clock
- Clean all lamps and light switches; check for power working order
- Remove dust, spots and smears from windows, ledges and frames
- Empty liquid from ice bucket and wipe all surfaces dry
- Remove water from coffee machine and clean thoroughly
- Remove dust on drapes weekly and realign to correct position daily
- Inspect condition of amenities in desk, drawers and guest service directory; replace designated amounts at proper locations within the room
- Ensure presence of fire safety and DNDS signs. Inspect conditions and replace as needed
- Remove dust, dirt and smudges from A/C unit, vents, grids and thermostat. Remove dust, stains and marks from all baseboards, ledges and corners
- Vacuum carpet in guest rooms
- Spray room with deodorizer
- Update room status's cleaned on assignment sheet
- Record no service requests and do not disturb rooms on your Room Assignment list. Report them to Managers or Floor Leads and check status of sign before you leave your assigned area
- Reorganize cart and stock at the end of each shift
- Handle guest complaints by following the instant pacification procedures and ensuring guest satisfaction
- Ensuring all LEGO pieces that are provided in the room are picked up and placed back into the container
- Record any damages or maintenance problems to the Housekeeping Manager, Assistant Housekeeping Manger, Floor Leads or Housemen
- Turn over any lost and found items from guest rooms to the Housekeeping department
- Successful completion of the training/certification process
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily
- The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability to require
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays
Health & Safety:
- To take reasonable care for the health and safety of himself and of other persons who may be affected through your work activities.
- To cooperate with and support the LEGOLAND Dubai Management to allow the business to fulfill its legal responsibilities through:
- Following reasonable instruction related to health & safety.
- Reporting dangerous situations or deficiencies in health & safety arrangements.
- To only use work equipment in accordance with training.
- To not interfere or misuse anything provided for the purposes for health & safety.
Are You a Star?
In order to be qualified for this role you should possess the below criteria:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 1 - 3 years of successful experience in a housekeeping department and/or room attendant position.
The Best Part of The Story
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; housing allowance, comprehensive medical coverage, life and accident insurance and other generous allowances.
We also care about your career development supported by Learning opportunities for those seeking a long-term future in the Company.
About the Company
Dubai Parks and Resorts offers new heights in experiential entertainment through an inspired concept that brings the best of the east and the west in the entertainment industry. Conceived and developed by Meraas Holding, Dubai Parks and Resorts articulates the Dubai leadership’s vision of positioning the emirate as a compelling global tourist destination.
The first phase of Dubai Parks and Resorts will comprise three theme parks: motiongate™ Dubai, Bollywood Parks™ Dubai, and LEGOLAND® Dubai. The development will also feature Riverland - a grand entrance plaza and Lapita, a family themed hotel. The first phase is scheduled for completion in 2016. Ground work commenced on site in February 2014
Front Office Assistant
Dubai Parks and Resorts
Dubai Parks and Resorts
Dubai Parks and Resorts