Job description / Role
- To ensure that all operating standards are adhered to in order to achieve the level of service established in the Departmental Operations Manual.
- To ensure that the Room Service section is managed efficiently according to the established guidelines.
- To assign responsibilities to subordinates and to check their performance periodically.
- To be on the floor at all times.
- To assist in the operations during busy periods.
- To ensure that the par stocks for all operating equipment and supplies are strictly adhered to and that the room service is adequately equipped.
- To assist in conducting monthly inventory checks on all operating equipment and supplies.
- To assist in controlling the requisitioning, storage and careful use of all operating equipment and supplies
- To attend Daily Operations Meeting in the absence of the Outlet Manager - Room Service.
- To ensure that the room service is kept clean and organized, both at the front as well as the back of house.
- To liaise and ensure that cleaning schedules are strictly adhered to.
- To conduct daily pre-shift briefings to ambassadors on preparation, service and menu.
- To liaise with the Kitchen and Beverage department on daily operation and quality.
- To handle all guest complaints, requests and enquiries on food, beverage and service.
- To establish a rapport with guests maintaining good customer relationship.
- To ensure that the room service cashiering procedures are strictly adhered to.
- To assist in the revision and updating of the room service Departmental Operations Manual on an as needed basis.
- To maintain the Room Service daily Log Book.
- To assist in planning the room service weekly roster and work schedules to ensure that the room service is adequately manned to handle the level of business.
- To maintain the room service bulletin board.
- To submit all guest/ambassador incident reports.
- To report "lost and found" items.
- To issue repair and maintenance job orders to ensure the proper maintenance of the room service.
- To maintain a good rapport and working relationship with ambassadors in the room service and all other departments.
- To undertake any reasonable tasks as assigned by the Food and Beverage Department.
- To assist in the training of ambassadors ensuring that they have the necessary skills
- To perform their duties with the maximum efficiency and in the most productive manner.
- To conduct and/or contribute to regular departmental Communications Meetings.
- To attend training and meetings as and when required.
- To ensure rosters are posted and timesheets submitted on time.
- Terms and conditions of employment, local legislation, and company/hotel policies and procedures.
- To conduct ambassador yearly performance appraisal.
- To identify and develop young talents within the organization for future potential growth within the group
- To carry out monthly, quarterly, bi-yearly, yearly inventory of operating equipment.
- To be entirely flexible and adapt to rotate within the different outlets of the Food and Beverage Department.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties as assigned by the Room service Outlet Manager.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.