Job description / Role
Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk is Sofitel's largest property in the Middle East. The hotel features 595 luxury guestrooms inclusive of 68 suites and 97 serviced apartments in the heart of Dubai. A variety of trendy restaurants and bars including a contemporary Asian restaurant, a Gastro Pub, a French Brasserie and Pool Bar & Lounge bring residents and patrons together to celebrate the French "Joie de Vivre". Guests have the option to unwind at the Sofitel Spa with L'Occitane and outdoor pools with private cabanas or workout in a fully-fledged fitness center. Business travelers have access to 1,589 square meter of meeting space including one state-of-the-art ballroom ideal for the most sought after social gatherings.
Part of the Wafi Mall new extension and close to the iconic Raffles Dubai, Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk will infuse the brand's essence with capitalizing on a perfect balance of modernism and ancient Egypt reflective of the renowned design elements of Wafi. If you are as excited as we are about connecting hearts and showing your guest passion, join us as the next Heartist - Rooms Controller and help us to make Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk a truly welcoming destination!
As a Rooms Controller, you are responsible for balancing room inventories while ensuring that all guests are blocked into the right room at the right rate. You ensure all rooms are blocked in accordance with guest preferences. The Rooms Controller will be the most knowledgeable person with regards to all group, leisure, VIP and FPC guest reservations and profiles.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Block all VIP & RA rooms 7 days out based on standards set by Sofitel and the Front Office Leadership team.
- Block all special requests and long stay guests 7 days out based on standards set by the Front Office Leadership team.
- Ensure all traces and communication tools are in guest reservations to ensure seamless service when guest is on property.
- Ensure close communication with the Housekeeping Department about specials and requests being delivered to rooms which are blocked.
- Review through all group resumes to ensure all areas of Front Desk, Guest Relation, Sofitel Service, Sofitel Club, Concierge and bell desk are communicated and understood. All information is placed in Opera and communicated to the Assistant Front Office Manager for scheduling.
- Maintain a balanced inventory in all room categories 30 days out. Review again at 10 days, 5 days, and day prior.
- Communicate any potential challenges to Front Desk Manager/Assistant Front Office Manager.
- Comply at all times with Sofitel standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Review Room queue and work with Housekeeping to expedite turnover.
- Reach out to guests to communicate room is ready and coordinate luggage delivery with Guest Services if luggage has been stored.
- Manage the strict safekeeping of guests' personal data and maintenance of privacy
- Handle Due-Out and Discrepancy updating in communication with the Housekeeping Department
- Respond to queries positively.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and nametag while working.
- Follow department policies, procedures and service standards, including all safety policies
- Maintain a report for Upgrade's of the day
- Maintain a proper tracking for up sell for the front desk Staff
- Handling all Reception Queries for Telephone operator
- Attend group meeting
- Passion for guest service
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Highly organized, results-oriented with the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Fluency in English, secondary language preferred
- Must have the ability to handle a multitude of tasks and Guest requests
- Computer proficiency in a Windows environment (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of Micros-Fidelio Property Management System an asset
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Degree from School for Tourism & Hotel Management
- Minimum of 1 year previous proven Supervisory position or equivalent in a customer service industry
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Front Desk Agent
RTC-1 Employment Services
Commercial Bank of Dubai (CBD)
Front Office Agent
Customer Service - Kidzania Dubai Mall