Job description / Role
Park Hyatt Saigon is the French mansion by the Opera House, a sanctuary of peace in the middle of one of Asia's most bustling cities.
Amongs 16 awards in the past 4 years, these marvelous achievements are inspiring, acting as beacons of resilience and hospitality for both guests and our local communities:
2021 Best 500 Hotels in the World, Travel and Leisure
2020 Best Hotel Makeovers in Asia, Best of the Decade Awards, Smart Travel Asia
2019 The Top 100 Hotels in the World, Travel and Leisure
2019 The 10 Best City Hotels in Asia, Travel and Leisure
Our strategy is to make a difference in the lives of all those we touch - colleagues, guests, operators, community members and shareholders alike.
We care for people so they can be their best. This is demonstrated in our values of Respect, Integrity, Humility, Empathy, Creativity and Fun. At Park Hyatt Saigon our aim is to create energizing experiences that connect our guests to who and what matters to them most. We are passionate about fostering connections, the place for any and every occasion and a one-stop experience.
We will continue to enhance the quality of the products craftsmanship with the willingness to create objectively a world 'finest product' and promise exceptional quality , continue creating and enhancing the hotel to ensure Park Hyatt Saigon can carry out its future vision is to become a landmark, one of the world's legendary great hotels.
In order to achieve this grand mission, it's greatly thanks to our talents who are experienced, well trained, and deeply focused on the hotel's future goals and position.
Currently, Park Hyatt Saigon is looking for Rooms Trainer. Join with Hyatt corporation to discover your place to shine in our warm, respectful, and inclusive culture.
- Oversees the preparation and update of individual Departmental Operations Manuals.
- Organizes regular meetings with Assistant Managers, departmental trainers and Training department in regards to all training matters on a monthly basis.
- Conducts regular audits to ensure that all Rooms Training Manuals are up to date.
- Reports on a weekly basis to the EAM - Rooms / Department Heads regarding training development, suggestions and any problems encountered.
- Provide exceptional services for guests and internal customers at all times to maintain positive guest and colleague interactions with good working relationships.
- Maximizes associate productivity through the use of multi-skilling, multi-tasking and flexible scheduling to meet the financial goals of the business as well as the expectations of the guests.
- Manages costs proactively based on key performance indicators, works with the respective Heads of Department as appropriate.
- Ensures that all in-house rules and regulations are communicated to associates and implemented.
- Continuously seeks Marketing and Public Relations opportunities to increase awareness and ultimately business.
- Works closely with other Trainers in a supportive and flexible manner, focusing on the overall success of the hotel and the satisfaction of hotel guests.
- Assists Departmental Trainers in conducting refresher training on standards of service for Rooms based on the brand standards.
- Assists and ensures all selected Management Trainee Candidates, Corporate Leadership Trainees candidates completes the assignments according to schedule.
- Conducts field coaching regularly to ensure that all standards of service are followed by all associates and provide constructive feedback to the department heads concerned as well as the training department to ensure corrective training is initiated.
- Assists in the coordination of Internship placements within the Rooms and to develop the orientation and training schedule as required.
- Coordinates the inter-department cross training initiatives within Rooms.
- Assists in the development of a comprehensive Training Plan of all training activities for the year and reviews the plan quarterly with the EAM - Rooms/Department Heads.
- Conducts and documents on-job-training for the new Rooms associates using the Personal Learning Plan.
- Conducts internal audits and maintains audit database for all operational areas.
- Assists Departmental Trainers to implement and evaluate divisional training and development programs.
- Monitors service and Rooms standards in various areas. Work with the Departmental Trainers to take corrective actions where necessary.
- Works closely with all Departmental Trainers to assist Training department to maintain any updated training records on Database for all Rooms associates as well as proper maintenance of all training documentation, records and materials.
- Assists in conducting monthly Departmental Trainer meetings and activities when necessary.
- Assists Departmental Trainers to manage the compilation, implementation and upkeep of their respective training needs.
- Assists in the recruitment and selection of all Rooms associates.
- Ensures a strong professional relationship with all the levels of associates within the hotel, taking an active interest in their safety and development.
- Encourages associates to be creative and innovative, challenging and recognizing them for their contribution to the success of the operation.
- Assists in the development of Departmental Trainers through ongoing feedback and monthly meetings.
- Feedback the results of the Associate Engagement Survey and ensure that the relevant changes are implemented.
- Maintains strong, professional relationships with relevant representatives from competitor hotels, business partners and other organizations, including local schools, hotel schools and universities.
- Reads the hotel's Associate Handbook and has an understanding of and adheres to the hotel's rules and regulations and in particular, the policies and procedures relating to fire, hygiene, health and safety.
- Attends training sessions and meetings as it is required.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Diploma/qualification in related major
- Good communication in both English and Vietnamese
- Positive attitude and strong desire to learn and develop
- Passionate for the hospitality industry
- High commitment
About the Company
Hyatt was founded by Jay Pritzker in 1957 when he purchased the Hyatt House motel adjacent to the Los Angeles International Airport. Over the following decade, Jay Pritzker and his brother, Donald Pritzker, working together with other Pritzker family business interests, grew the company into a North American management and hotel ownership company, which became a public company in 1962. In 1968, Hyatt International was formed and subsequently became a separate public company. Hyatt Corporation and Hyatt International Corporation were taken private by the Pritzker family business interests in 1979 and 1982, respectively. On December 31, 2004, substantially all of the hospitality assets owned by Pritzker family business interests, including Hyatt Corporation and Hyatt International Corporation, were consolidated under a single entity, now Hyatt Hotels Corporation.