RPA AGE Mechanic III / Deployment Pool
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job description / Role
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
RPA AGE Mechanic III / Deployment Pool
Employee will be part of the Deployment Pool and will be required to support deployments to various CONUS/OCONUS locations, as required. This position will require the member to be flexible in the support of assigned deployment/work schedules. Supports an Aircraft Ground Equipment (AGE) shop in a medium to large-sized military aircraft flying organization. Ensures the timely and proper performance of scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on AGE equipment and light support vehicles. Inspects, tests, and operates AGE to determine equipment serviceability and proper operation. Diagnoses mechanical and electrical circuitry malfunctions. Interprets drawings, wiring diagrams, schematics, and technical data to facilitate repairs and/or modifications to ground support equipment.
Identifies appropriate replacement parts in TOs and technical documents and orders those parts. Removes, disassembles, repairs, cleans, treats for corrosion, assembles, and re-installs AGE accessories and components. Stencils and marks AGE as appropriate. Services equipment with fuel, oil, coolant, water, hydraulic fluid, and air as required. Operates, cleans, inspects, and services AGE tow vehicles. Maintains and documents AGE equipment and tow vehicle forms. Positions equipment to support aircraft maintenance and flying operations. Schedules PMIs as required. Adheres to safety procedures, and follows technical orders, as applicable.
USAF equivalent position is AGE Mechanic Craftsman.
Position reports to the AGE Mechanic Lead.
- Maintains external fuel and grounding systems; performs scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on GSE; inspects, tests, and operates GSE to determine equipment serviceability and proper operation; services equipment with fuel, oil, water, coolant, hydraulic fluid, refrigerant, and compressed air; diagnoses mechanical and electronic circuitry malfunctions using visual and auditory senses, test equipment, and technical publications.
- Disassembles and assembles malfunctioning GSE accessories and components; removes, disassembles repairs, cleans, treats for corrosion, assembles, and reinstalls GSE components and accessories; stencils and marks GSE in accordance with technical publications; stores, handles, labels, uses, and disposes of hazardous materials and waste in accordance with all state, local, and federal environmental standards and regulations.
- Prepares GSE for storage and mobility deployment; and operates, cleans, inspects, and services GSE towing vehicles.
- Maintains vehicle records, and updates paper and electronic equipment records; provides dispatch service for GSE, including positioning equipment to support aircraft maintenance and flying operations; practices good housekeeping, tool control, Foreign Object Damage prevention, and safety at all times.
- Provides training to all lower-level AGE Mechanics, as needed and/or requested.
- Provides technical and directional leadership guidance to lower-level AGE Mechanics.
- Performs all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
- Must have High School Diploma, or have completed relevant military and/or vocational technical school curriculum
- Minimum of five years actual AGE maintenance experience required
- Must possess and maintain a valid U.S. Driver's License and be able to operate a Government general-purpose vehicle
- Must be highly qualified with all types and uses of AGE equipment
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Flight Line Driver's License
- Must have an advanced understanding of diesel engine maintenance and repair, and HVAC maintenance and repair
- Must be able to inspect, repair, and operate ground support and auxiliary equipment
- Must achieve a passing grade in all required courses/certifications for continued employment, as needed
- Employee must meet all OCONUS deployment criteria, to include pre-deployment medical screening, as a condition of employment
- Must be able to lift, carry and/or wear Military Issued Equipment in excess of 50 pounds for extended periods
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand English
- Must be able to provide proof of U.S. citizenship upon hire
- Must submit updated SF-86 within 30 days of hire start date
- Must have current DoD Secret Security Clearance and must be able to maintain a DoD security clearance commensurate with the assigned duties during employment
- Must have valid U.S. Passport with a minimum of one year remaining with at least two facing pairs (four total) of blank Visa pages
- Must be fully COVID-19 vaccinated with booster. Accommodations may be available under limited circumstances.
Preferred Qualifications :
- RPA Deployment Experience
- Vehicle Operator Training
- AGE Mechanic experience within the last 10 years
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran's status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
About the Company
Amentum is a premier global technical and engineering services partner supporting critical programs of national significance across defense, security, intelligence, energy, and environment. We draw from a century-old heritage of operational excellence, mission focus, and successful execution underpinned by a strong culture of safety and ethics.