Job description / Role
KEY RESULTS ACCOUNTABILITY
• Responsible for the overall system assurance program for the rail agency, assimilation and implementation of the system assurance activities as delivered by individual departments
• Manage Project critical issues to closure
• Interface with all departments to drive completion of issues addressing; Safety / certification, Operational response, Technical issues / failures / mitigation
• Plan, direct and administrate the system assurance program.
• Handle SA specification, risk assessment & hazard analysis.
• Handle SA submission schedule, review and monitoring, maintenance support and maintenance requirement analysis, system operability studies and other ad hoc studies as required.
• Deliver certification for all rail systems and operation in line with Rail Agency and RTA rules and requirements.
• Responsible for oversight decisions on all system assurance related matters including the establishment of policies and implementation on major programs, subject only to overall Rail Agency and RTA policy, objective and control.
• To ensure that the proper assessment of Project Risk Ratings and prepares the System Assurance Programme Plan which defines all selected System Assurance Tasks, the responsible parties & deliverable(s).
• To ensure that RAMS targets, system assurance specifications and safety case requirements are established, implemented and managed.
• To provide specialist advice in evaluation and assessment of submitted tenders and reports on assessment findings and ratings related to system assurance.
• To manage, monitor and provide support to external consultancies related to Systems Assurance issues.
• To provide professional input for the accreditation of RA projects under applicable international safety guidelines and UAE laws as necessary.
• To maintain accurate, up-to-date information and trends through the available communication media.
• To ensure that all relevant documents, drawings, reports, warranties and certificates are in compliance with standards and are handed over in due time for operation at the project handover.
• To manage the Information System to enhance and improve the same for efficient use.
• To fulfill all reporting requirements, and maintain records concerning related data.
• To lead the Rail Agency system assurance for the following:
• Liaison with the Independent Safety Assessor as required to achieve certification
• Provision of specialist support to other stakeholders
• Provision of support for system tests, HAZOP studies, systems Engineering workshops, RCM workshop etc.
• Conduct of system assurance audit and independent audits.
• Accurate documentation for ALARP justification and HAZOP Studies, etc.
• Monitor continuously the risk register and ensure contractor/consultants are implementing all mitigation measures and report on any deviation.
• Proper hazard transfer throughout complete project cycle.
• Verification of test procedures and work instructions.
• To review the System Test Plan and monitor System Performance Test and Analysis.
• Support to implementation of integration tests.
• Implementation of value engineering throughout the project.
• Perform other responsibilities associated with the position as appropriate.
AED 31,000 to 36,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Additional benefits: Minimum 6 years of Experience, not less.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor degree in Engineering: Mechanical/ Electrical/ Civil/ Industrial/ Mechatronics from a recognized university, Master preferred.
• 8 years in the application of RAMS in the light and heavy rail industry from graduation. Skills in more than one area of engineering advantages. Awareness of the ever-changing technologies, standards and practices regarding design, installation, operations and maintenance related to the railway engineering systems.
• Comprehensive knowledge of international system assurance standards and practices and proven ability to ensure their implementation in an appropriate manner.
• Ability to understand engineering technical submissions and ability to turn engineering theories to practical solutions. Ability to reviews work for technical accuracy and adequacy.
• Highly analytical thinking with demonstrated talent for identifying, scrutinizing, improving, and streamlining complex work processes.
• Computer-literate performer with extensive software proficiency covering wide variety of applications
• Exceptional listener and communicator who effectively conveys information verbally and in writing.
• Resourceful team player who excels at building trusting relationships with customers and colleagues.
• Flexible team player who thrives in environments requiring ability to effectively prioritize and juggle multiple concurrent projects.
• Innovative problem-solver who can generate workable solutions and resolve complaints
• Goal-driven leader who maintains a productive climate and confidently motivates, mobilizes, and coaches employees to meet high performance standards.
• Results-driven achiever with exemplary planning and organizational skills, along with a high degree of detail orientation.
About the Company
The Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) came into formation in November 2005. It is responsible for planning and executing transport and traffic projects in Dubai, preparing legislation and strategic plans, planning and constructing the Dubai Metro, developing other integrated solutions of road systems and marine networks that are safe and in line with the city’s economic development plans and the highest international standards.
RTA Senior Specialist – Rail Track Systems
Roads & Transport Authority (RTA)
Quality Responsible Person
Assistant Facilities Manager (Arabic Speaker)
CSG Global Talent
QA/QC Engineer (Temporary Contract 1 Year)
|Abu Dhabi||20 Oct|