Job description / Role
As the Ruby Software Engineer, you'll work with an existing established team towards building new product functionality and polish the existing product from start to finish.
A leading e-commerce organisation in Dubai.
* Researching, designing, implementing, and managing software programs.
* Testing and evaluating new programs.
* Identifying areas for modification in existing programs and subsequently developing these modifications.
* Writing and implementing efficient code.
* Determining operational practicality.
* Developing quality assurance procedures.
* Deploying software tools, processes, and metrics.
* Maintaining and upgrading existing systems.
* Training users and working closely with other developers, UX designers, business, and systems analysts to identify systems needs and solutions in a timely manner.
* Dynamic environment and a competitive salary for the right candidate.
* Graduate of Computer Science, Software Programming and Development, IT, and other related degrees and technical background.
* A minimum of 4 years of overall experience with at least 3 years developing in Ruby (and Ruby on Rails) or Python. Prior experience in PHP would also be advantageous.
* Must have prior work experience in an e-commerce environment or demonstrated knowledge of e-commerce with sample projects, freelance projects, etc.
* Knowledge/experience of developing an accounting or procurement, inventory management/logistics software would be an added advantage.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world's leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.