Job description / Role
Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk is Sofitel's largest property in the Middle East. The hotel features 595 luxury guestrooms inclusive of 68 suites and 97 serviced apartments in the heart of Dubai. A variety of trendy restaurants and bars including a contemporary Asian restaurant, a Gastro Pub, a French Brasserie and Pool Bar & Lounge bring residents and patrons together to celebrate the French "Joie de Vivre". Guests have the option to unwind at the Sofitel Spa with L'Occitane and outdoor pools with private cabanas or workout in a fully-fledged fitness center. Business travelers have access to 1,589 square meter of meeting space including one state-of-the-art ballroom ideal for the most sought after social gatherings.
Part of the Wafi Mall new extension and close to the iconic Raffles Dubai, Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk will infuse the brand's essence with capitalizing on a perfect balance of modernism and ancient Egypt reflective of the renowned design elements of Wafi. If you are as excited as we are about connecting hearts and showing your guest passion, join us as the next Heartist - Runner and help us to make Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk a truly welcoming destination!
To provide prompt and courteous F&B service to the Hotel's guests.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Have to be informed of any Vip's arrivals and any 86 items.
- Must learn all menu items, garnishes, contents, preparation methods and be able to relay that information to guests in a polite and concise way if asked
- Must inform the supervisor or manager when leaving the outlet for any reason.
- Pickup food from the kitchen and serve it with the bartender.
- Serve and clear food and beverage items in an unobtrusive and professional manner
- Carry trays, clear tables and reset tables.
- Prepare and maintain and refill all sugar bowl, salt and pepper.
- Change the linen after counting it; fold the linen as per standard folding.
- Polish all washed glassware, chinaware and silverware using hot water, white vinegar and clean wiping cloth.
- Maintain the side stations clean and organized at all the time.
- Maintain a clean, neat and orderly the outlet, terrace and garden throughout service.
- Ensure that work station is stocked with appropriate condiments at all times
- Report any guest comments regarding food and beverage to manager/leader in charge
- Careful handling and maintenance of operating equipment
- Learn and adhere to safety, sanitation and hygiene policies
- Maintain good working relationships with colleagues, and all other departments
- Maintain complete knowledge of all F&B services, outlets and hotel services/features
- Perform opening/closing side duties as assigned and set all tables according to standards
- Report to manager any kinds of deviation from set standard and procedures
- Ensure that all service and storage areas are kept safe and clean at all times.
- Help minimize waste, neglect, breakages and mishandling of supplies and equipment
- Insure all terrace and garden tables are clean including cushions, tables and chairs.
- Assist other food & beverage outlets in their operations during peak hours if needed
- Mandatory learning of all F&B products on your outlets menu
- Maintain a supporting and strong communication with the F&B team; be a team player with strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail
- Average reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language
- Must be well presented and professionally groomed at all times
- Good communication and customer contact skills; basic problem resolution skills
- Basic F&B product knowledge
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail
- Secondary education
- Minimum 1-year food and beverage serving experience
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.