Job description / Role
Make a difference every day
The key role purpose of this position is to support the organisation in fostering a Just Culture and promote the safety and wellbeing of our customers, staff, assets and environment and to provide administrative and clerical support to the Safety, Assurance and Environment Department of Dubai Metro.
- Responsible for providing administrative and clerical support to the Safety, Assurance and Environment (SAE) Director and wider SAE team including official letters, emails, reports and minutes of meetings;
- Coordinate company events including briefings/presentations to make sure it runs smoothly and successfully; managing details like location, selecting menus, accommodation and transportation;
- Ensure that written correspondence and internal letters are distributed to the concern department/people;
- SAP user - Site Purchasing Coordinator. (SRM, Trips, Petty Cash);
- To perform as My HR super user, provides support and act as first point of contact of employees in relation to the use of My HR Employee Self Service;
- Perform and carry out other duties as instructed/directed by the Safety, Assurance and Environment Director.
What we are looking for in our candidates
- Communicates Effectively - Clearly and concisely conveys information and ideas that engage others.
- Delivers Customer Service - Interact with customers and seeks to identify and meet needs, taking swift action to resolve issues with integrity. Always alert to the customer's point of view and demonstrates a sense of urgency.
- Solves Problems - Identifies problems within own area of remit and takes responsibility for finding a solution regardless of the causes.
- Generates Ideas - Identifies innovative ideas and solutions for everyday work problems that contribute to on-going continuous improvement and add value to the customer.
- Gains Others' Trust - Interacts with others in a supportive way and in accordance with our Values.
Essential technical and professional skills
- Minimum 3 years', preferably 5 years' experience in providing administrative and clerical support to group of individuals in a fast-paced environment.
- A dynamic, high energy individual who can support several groups/sections within a department;
- Possess excellent communication skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently and work productively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment;
- A mature and responsible approach to work and use initiative to solve problems and be able to liaise in a professional and persuasive manner with staff at all levels in the organization;
- Strong organizational skills, detail oriented, and the ability to handle multiple priorities;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in handling highly sensitive, confidential and non-routine information and demonstrate both good literacy and numeracy skills required for the role.
- Possess a recognized qualification in speed and accuracy typing and strong PC skills including proficiency with Ms Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint applications and ability to learn new software based applications.
Working with Serco
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world and we committed to redesigning and improving these services through innovation.
About the Company
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco customers are looking for expertise in managing their people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise economic decision makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver quality services directly to the public.
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.
Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009, are preparing to launch the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2016. We deliver Facility Management services to both Cleveland Clinic and Healthpoint Hospitals in Abu Dhabi, large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia and a range of educational and commercial properties in the UAE. We also deliver postgraduate education to Officers in the Qatar Armed Forces through the Joaan Bin Jassim Joint Command and Staff College in Doha.
Focusing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.