Job description / Role
Make a difference every day
The Job Opportunity
Serco Middle East is looking to hire Safety and Assurance Officer for its Dubai Airports FM Contract. Serco Middle East has partnered with Dubai Airports to deliver Facilities Management (FM) services for the Airports. FM services for the airport's Terminal 1 and Terminal 2, as well as its cargo and ancillary buildings are provided by Serco. Serco Middle East continues to be a partner of choice as we excel in building strong client relationships founded on quality of service, innovation and trust.
The key purpose of the role is to support the Contract operational teams, and Portfolio Safety Assurance Manager in assuring Safety and Assurance compliance within the contract. To provide administration of Safety and Assurance management systems, programmes and initiatives in the contract, ensuring consultation and communication amongst employees and management
- Assist in implementing the Serco Management System (SMS) and IFS Integrated Management System (IMS) including policies, procedures and processes.
- Make recommendations for improvement to the Management Systems to ensure compliance and document evidence of continual improvement supporting the ISO certifications for contracts where applicable.
- Identifying and communicating new or changing legal requirements, codes of practice and other reference materials required to be entered into the legal register to ensure legislative compliance.
- Assist in the development and delivery of the Divisional Safety and Assurance objectives and action plans and ensure understanding and delivery of these within the Contract. Report on progress regularly to the Portfolio and Sector management team
- Conduct regular safety inspections and tours to identify areas for improvement, provide written feedback on actions required by the business to improve compliance.
What we are looking for in our candidates
- Solid understanding of ISO 9001, 14001 and OHSAS18001 standards
- Personal integrity and personal values consistent with Serco's governing principles.
- Knowledge of FM working environments
- Holder of a NEBOSH Certificate in occupational health and safety or similar OSH qualification
Working with Serco
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has important role to play.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Take pride in what you do
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative.
About the Company
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco customers are looking for expertise in managing their people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise economic decision makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver quality services directly to the public.
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.
Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009, are preparing to launch the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2016. We deliver Facility Management services to both Cleveland Clinic and Healthpoint Hospitals in Abu Dhabi, large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia and a range of educational and commercial properties in the UAE. We also deliver postgraduate education to Officers in the Qatar Armed Forces through the Joaan Bin Jassim Joint Command and Staff College in Doha.
Focusing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.