Alpha Group (Alpha Flight Services UAE)
Job description / Role
Safety Administrators help develop safety policies and procedures, organize team meetings, solve safety issues, coordinate audits, and inspections, track corrective actions and incident data, review important safety documents, and many other duties that require a high degree of attention to detail.
• An individual with energetic and creative positive approach when engaging with the wider workforce.
• The Safety Specialist monitors the performance and compliance of safety programs implemented by the Operations Manager.
• The Safety Specialist will review, amend, and ensure compliance against all polices, and procedures that meet the standard of OSHA, dnata, Sharjah Airport, and other applicable governing bodies.
• Works with the Operations Manager by evaluating the organizations procedures, facilities, and equipment by conducting inspections to identify unsafe conditions and to implement safeguards and solutions. This will be done through various tools such as, Leadership Site Visits, Monthly, Quarterly Inspections and Task Assessments.
• Collects data and reports on all safety and accident events.
• Maintains inventories for all First Aid Kits and other safety related kits allocated around the unit and ensures an optimum stock holding and replenishment system is in place.
• Records and tracks training in line with unit and governing body requirements such as Fire Warden training and First aider training and ensures refresher training is in place prior to expiration and number of heads trained meets the required guidelines.
• Holds Safety Toolbox Talks with different departments across the unit and encourages a positive Safety Culture.
• Leads the Stop Card agenda by recording and tracking cards submitted and ensures a timely closure within the IMS Portal (Incident Management System).
• Communicates out an analysis on Stop Cards highlighting trends, performance on opening, closing, top 3 risks and where the businesses focus should be for the following week to address any potential incidents.
• Creates and communicates a Bimonthly unit reporting pack which is used to highlight the positive and negative observations along with any actions and performance against CAPA’s.
• Reviews data and picks out trends which can cause an impact to the unit or employees.
• Periodically reviews Risk Assessments in line with the Safety Manager and makes regular adjustments as per ALARP / RAM standards.
• Maintains the unit Risk Register for day today activity and Fire hazards.
• Works with the Facilities Admin and ensures a thorough maintenance, service and tracking schedule is in place for all MHE, Fall arrest systems and ladders.
• Provides a Biweekly overview to the Safety Manager on progress against Safety SPI’s, outstanding incidents, incidents raised and CAPA performance.
• Builds positive working relationships with the dnata / DCA Safety Team.
• Attends the DCA Safety meeting in the absence on the Operations Manager.
• Maintains optimum stock levels for uniform and PPE across the unit, accurately issues, orders, and tracks consumption for all uniform and PPE and submits orders when required.
AED 5,000 to 10,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
• Can start IMMEDIATELY
• With strong leadership skills and can work independently
• Preferably CERTIFIED in Health and Safety would be an advantage
• Must have a minimum 3 YEARS’ experience within a Safety role in a medium sized operation within the FOOD INDUSTRY
• Experience in HSQE documentation and reporting
• Inspection, investigation, and auditing skills.
• Verbal skills and written skills
• Ability to work in a multi- cultural environment
About the Company
Making Travel Special is about knowing what customers want. We recognise that by serving our customers, we're also serving their customers. That's why we talk about the promises our customers make. In this way, we delight our customers and their passengers, even as we continue to challenge ourselves to become the most admired provider in the world.
We treat customers like they are our guests. And because they expect food to be good and wholesome, we maintain the highest global quality assurance standards. What's more, our teams of experienced, dedicated professionals go the extra mile to provide innovative, efficient and reliable services for every single one of them.
Over the years, we've become a global player. In the coming decades, we'll continue to transform our industry by staying true to our core values.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
RTC-1 Employment Services
RTC-1 Employment Services
Health, Safety, Wellbeing and Security Lead
A Leading Company In Sharjah
Quality, Health & Safety Engineer - Aviation
|Abu Dhabi||22 Nov|