Job description / Role
Make a difference every day
The Job Opportunity
To provide specialist knowledge and advice relating to safety management and to assist in the development of ATS safety programmes in order to continually improve dans safety and to ensure compliance with national and international safety regulations. And to assist the SMS Manager in the implementation of international safety best practice.
- Provide specialist knowledge to dans staff in all aspects of aviation safety management systems and provide safety technical support and advice to Operations when required
- Develop and deliver safety management training in line with the dans safety training program
- Facilitate hazard identification and risk assessment sessions in line with the principles
- Support the Manager Organisational in the maintenance and development of initiatives to improve the dans SMS
What we are looking for in our candidates:
- An ability to work and make correct decisions under stress
- Attention to detail, analytical skills and organisational skills
- Problem solving and decision making skills
- Excellent written and spoken English communication
- Computer literacy with MS office packages skills
- Professional certification in a relevant field from an accredited university or higher education authority preferable with a focus on SMS
- Incident Investigation qualification or experience preferable
- Experience in the development and maintenance of aviation safety management systems. Experience at a busy, multi-disciplined aviation organisation is preferable.
- Experience in the application of SMS principles, i.e. safety analysis, risk assessment, incident investigation preferable.
- The post holder shall possess:
- Extensive knowledge of GCAA CARS, MATS (APP, DXB & DWC TWR), SMM
- Extensive knowledge of International and UAE civil aviation rules and regulations pertaining to ATM.
Working with Serco
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has important role to play.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Take pride in what you do
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative.
About the Company
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco customers are looking for expertise in managing their people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise economic decision makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver quality services directly to the public.
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.
Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009, are preparing to launch the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2016. We deliver Facility Management services to both Cleveland Clinic and Healthpoint Hospitals in Abu Dhabi, large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia and a range of educational and commercial properties in the UAE. We also deliver postgraduate education to Officers in the Qatar Armed Forces through the Joaan Bin Jassim Joint Command and Staff College in Doha.
Focusing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.