Job description / Role
The purpose of this role is to provide security, protection and safe environment for ADU community as a response to the needs of staff, faculty, students and visitors at all times.
- Supervises, trains and leads the evacuation teams of the university such as Emergency Response Team (ERT), Fire Warden Team (FWT), Emergency Access Control Team (EACT) and Assembly Point Team (APT).
- Conducts drill exercises in the university and manage the CCTV DVRs and fire control panels and all other devices or equipment related to fire alarm system.
- Monitors and handles risks and hazards in all campuses during events and activities and ensures that the environmental health and safety procedures are applied at all times.
- Conducts safety induction and instruction to stakeholders as needed and assists during orientation process (with the EHS Manager).
- Assists the EHS Manager in developing security plan, manual and guidelines.
- Enforcement of the fire prevention and fire safety laws, and regulations. Accompany any fire-related regulatory personnel on their inspections at the University
- Participates in the Inspection of all workplaces, initiate corrective actions.
- Ensure the maintenance of the fire alarm and firefighting systems.
Monitoring & Reporting
- Prepares incident and accident report on a daily basis.
- Reviews contracts with third party organization ensuring the terms and conditions of the agreement facility usage agreements e.g. auditorium.
- Monitors service with the suppliers of CCTV operators etc. to ensure that operations are done in compliance with the university rules.
- Coordinates with business support facilities department to ensure that deliveries of goods and services are done as per the set guidelines and processes.
- Records security inventory and update key register.
- Coordinates with Procurement department regarding security biddings and purchase of safety and security equipment or service.
- Participate in the monthly safety meetings and provide reports regarding safety and security.
- Investigates and monitors property damage or violation of ADU policies, if any. (Does not include illegal external affairs).
- Follows up with police department for any security issues if needed with business support facilities or Vice Chancellor's approval
- Ensures that there is no student - media interaction unless reviewed by proper authorities.
- Mange security operations in daily basis and check the monthly security invoices.
- Represents business support facilities department in any external and internal audit or
assessment for the safety and security department.
- Assists business support facilities Director in conducting campus inspections for DOT (Department of Transport, municipality, civil defence or various government office of Abu Dhabi.
- Coordinates Fortune properties in carrying out regular inspection of the ADU campus and housing on a bi-monthly basis to ensure that the facilities are in good condition for Community use.
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- Background with Military or Safety and Security
- 5 years of experience, 3 years of supervisory experience in an educational institution
- English is a must, Bilingual (English/Arabic) is an advantage
- Communication skills, Conflict Resolution skills, Customer Service skills
About the Company
Abu Dhabi University is the largest private university in the UAE and is committed to becoming the institution of choice for students across all Emirates and more widely in the region.
With four Colleges offering over 40 undergraduate and postgraduate programs, campuses in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Dubai and Al Dhafra Region, and multiple affiliations with globally renowned institutions, a UAE-wide, truly international quality education is guaranteed for all of our students.
HSE Team Leader
TXM Recruit - Dubai (TXM Labour Supply)
Safety Officer / Engineer
Viva HR Consultants
|Abu Dhabi||30 Dec|
Sina Electro Mechanical Contracting Establishment (SEMCOE)
|Abu Dhabi||21 Jan|