Job description / Role
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS - Finance
Job Description & Summary
The main purpose of the SAGE X3 Techno-Functional Specialist role is to support Financial Modules and optimize the potential of the software for the end user, communicating effectively about system functionality, working collaboratively with functional teams & technical teams to deliver excellent performance and results while adhering to the SAGE X3 best practices.
- To perform the SAGE X3 functional support for the finance functions in the areas of Accounts Payables, Receivables, Fixed Assets, Purchasing and General Ledger
- The eligible candidate would bring in SAGE X3 best practices, utilizing the system modules, reviewing, modifying and finalizing configuration to deliver optimum results
- Experience in configuring and setup the Finance, Purchasing and Payment modules to cover. Exposure in Sales & Planning modules is a definite advantage
- Strong functional knowledge on business intelligence and analytic tools/ features of Sage X3
- The potential candidate would require deep Technical knowledge of Sage X3 software along with the Database experience (PL/SQL, SQL Server)
- Experience in developing new Sage APIs and fixing the existing APIs integrated with various other financial systems
- Expertise in development of custom code to meet the internal finance requirements.
- This includes the integrations between Sage X3 and other systems, imports, new forms, tables, and fields, custom modifications and enhancements for specific customer requirements, custom reports and scripting
Testing and Mitigation Plans:
- Perform Unit Testing & System Integration Testing including managing communications with Business, defects root cause analysis and defects resolution
- Risk monitoring and development of mitigation plans
- Ability to meet deadlines and support SLAs independently
- Participate in system and process enhancement of SAGE X3 based solutions through business requirement analysis, blue printing, design, specification, configuration, testing, documentation and training, data migration and transition to support.
- Have excellent communication skills, verbal as well as written to convey system functionality with business process understanding.
- Analytical and creative thinking to provide holistic solutions. Good documentation skills in building Requirement Specs and Functional Specs
- Maintain the implemented functionality of SAGE X3 modules through end user support of technical problems, business-as-usual requests, and provision of knowledge of that functionality to those users.
- Resolve minor and complex incidents and change service request through level support to deliver timely and quality solutions to end users.
- Develop and Coordinate SAGE X3 End-User Training for business processes.
- Actively adhere to and ensure compliance with applicable Quality policies, procedures, processes and systems.
- Take an active part in quality improvement processes.
- Identify and report any deficiencies to supervisor and obtain authorization for any deviations from standard procedures.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Relevant degree or equivalent in computer science or other relevant discipline. SAGE X3 Certification is plus
- 10+ years' experience in customer support or consulting in SAGE X3
- Proven track record in successful big to medium project implementations
- Business acumen and experience gained (ideally) in a service company environment in a relevant discipline
- Effective communication and leadership qualities
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we’ve set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We’re a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We’re striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we’re proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone’s uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you’re looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you’re a future PwCer.