Job description / Role
Play Your Part
The Sales Executive will work with the Manager - Sales in executing the hotel sales strategy through which they will deliver sales and revenue targets via implement all sales activities and maximize business opportunities in your specific area of responsibility under the general guidance and supervision.
The role involves generating and maintaining customers of defined accounts and areas through sales activities like face to face sales calls, telephone calls or entertainment.
- Maintain a high level of exposure for the hotel through direct sales
- Handle all MICE RFP Received by Hotel
- Maintain MICE generating accounts through various sales activities (face to face sales calls, telephone calls, sight inspections, entertainment)
- Ensure comprehensive and complete coverage of own portfolio, covering all levels of accounts, managerial & departmental executives for a comprehensive client servicing, achieving targets and maximum productivity
- Implement and execute all sales objectives and action plans to reach and exceed set targets
- Solicit and serve transient and group business and meetings
- Ensure that selling strategies are adhered to during negotiations and maximize up selling opportunities whenever possible
- Maximize up selling opportunities by proposing additional events and activities suitable and complimenting to the MICE booking
- Maintain and update the sales & catering - PMS as per company standards
- Ensure comprehensive and up to date knowledge of properties unique selling points, features, amenities, services and policies
- Formulate corporate offer letters and yearly contracts and any other required business correspondence
- Provide feedback on changing marketing conditions, including trends in the competition, as a result of direct sales solicitation, telephone and direct mail
- Communicate the final details of all confirmed bookings to the Sales Manager for the contract to be prepared and obtain client's signature on booking contract in a prompt way
- Obtain client feedback after each event verbally and through 'Thank You' letter and 'Guest Questionnaire' and communicate the outcome to the concerned
- Perform other related duties as requested by management
- Anticipate any additional task related to work assigned by the Manager - Sales
Business Impact / Results:
- Work with the Manager -Sales in monitoring and analyzing sales mix, in comparison with overall hotel goals and strateg
- Achieve the Annual assigned Revenue Budget
- Track competitor activity and report on key findings and trends
- Understand the nature of the hotel industry and the Market changes
- Input ideas and information into sales activities and promotions
- Be attentive to, anticipate and fulfil guest needs
- Maintain and demonstrate a high level of knowledge to enhance the guest's experience
- Display and demonstrate a "service" attitude
- Act upon all guest feedback to resolve any complaints and improve guest satisfaction
Decision Making and Autonomy:
- Analysis of information based in your segment and making recommendations based on those
- Working closely with Hotel Team in setting up guest preference/ request
Applied Knowledge and Specialist Skills:
- Effective communication skills
- Impact and influencing skills
- Able to close the sale
- Drive for high level of successful and effective sales activities
Complexity and Problem Solving:
- Creative ideas for delivery of guest satisfaction, operational and assigned sales targets - effectively utilizing park and hotel facilities and services to create a unique offering
- Working with operational park and hotel teams to ensure thorough understanding of the operation and appreciation of each aspect of the business and what it delivers to our guests.
Health & Safety:
Managers/Supervisors are responsible for all aspects of Health, Safety & Security within their department, in line with the Group Policy (HS001). In particular, they must ensure that risk assessments have been carried out, that safe working procedures are in place for all work activities and that all employees under their management are aware of the Group Health, Safety and Security Policy and their obligations under it. They must ensure that safe working practices are monitored, and that risk assessments and procedures are reviewed regularly. Where incidents do occur, they must ensure that they are investigated appropriately and that where necessary, corrective action is taken to ensure that such incidents are not repeated.
Are You a Star?
In order to be qualified for this role you should possess the below criteria:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience required
- 2 - 3 years of successful sales experience in a similar position within a comparable hotel/resort
- Proven track record of developing new partnerships focused on driving a measurable increase in hotel bookings
The Best Part of The Story
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; housing allowance, comprehensive medical coverage, life and accident insurance and other generous allowances.
We also care about your career development supported by Learning opportunities for those seeking a long-term future in the Company.
About the Company
Dubai Parks and Resorts offers new heights in experiential entertainment through an inspired concept that brings the best of the east and the west in the entertainment industry. Conceived and developed by Meraas Holding, Dubai Parks and Resorts articulates the Dubai leadership’s vision of positioning the emirate as a compelling global tourist destination.
The first phase of Dubai Parks and Resorts will comprise three theme parks: motiongate™ Dubai, Bollywood Parks™ Dubai, and LEGOLAND® Dubai. The development will also feature Riverland - a grand entrance plaza and Lapita, a family themed hotel. The first phase is scheduled for completion in 2016. Ground work commenced on site in February 2014