Job description / Role
The Sales and Design Engineer is responsible for Technical / Pre and Post-sales support to Customers, Channel Partners, Sales Managers and System Integrators for the Datacom Division and related products in a specific territory. Expected to review customer inquiries received by Divisional Manager/Sales Managers and ensure all documents. drawings and specifications are accurate in order to generate proposals on behalf of the sales team; provide support in delivering bill of materials to customers as required. Must also coordinate with customers to ensure specifications are accurate in order to prepare a bill of quantity proposals and maintain familiarity with solution proposals for customized needs, support in-site surveys, and recommend specifications to:
• Sales Managers
Responsible for design, architecture, technical compliance and pre-bid customer discussions, product selection and drawings support for customer proposals. Assisting Technical Manager in the development and implementation of Technical Data Sheets.
• Sales and Design Engineer candidates must have University degree in Electronics/ Electrical/ Communications Engineering or equivalent and have minimum 2 years' experience in similar role within the industry. Must be fluent in English. Arabic is a plus.
• Strong knowledge in Structured Cabling Solutions and Smart Home Automation System.Additional knowledge on other ELV systems will be a plus.
• Knowledge of competitors in local market is an asset
• Assertive, persistent, energetic and quick learner
• Proficient knowledge of MS Excel and costing
• Intermediate knowledge of AutoCAD & MS Office
• Strong reporting and research skills
• Able to deliver and execute within team environment
• Strong interpersonal skills, ability to build rapport with other employees and external stakeholders
• Must have strong sense of responsibility, urgency, and integrity
About the Company
ECS Global Wire & Cable, formerly known as DME Cables, is an international distribution company that provides a complete range of wire and cable products and solutions.
ECS was founded in North America 25 years ago with a vision for innovation and development. Experiencing tremendous growth, we opened our doors in Dubai in 2004 to establish our international presence.
Today we have fourteen offices located across four countries with a new, custom-built 7,400 sqm as our Middle East Headquarters located in Jebel Ali Free Zone. This high-tech, weather-safe facility will be used to service the Middle East, North Africa and the Caspian Independent States markets. Our facility is Leed certified with Silver Level by the U.S Green Building Council in the Leed Green Building Rating System and verified by the Green Building Certification Institute.