Job description / Role
SUMMARY OF JOB
Provide a complete shopping environment for our customers, involving excellent product knowledge and customer service thereby ensuring maximization of the sales and brand loyalty
Provide Customer Service (55%)
• Being present on the sales floor at all times.
• Greet customers and ascertain what each customer wants or needs.
• Establishing the customer’s needs through use of open questions and active listening techniques.
• Using product knowledge to explain the benefits of products.
• Recommending suitable product(s) to meet each individual customer’s needs.
• Ensuring the correct sizing and fit for the customer.
• “Sourcing” (either from the stockroom or from floor) the product accurately and efficiently for the customer.
• Recommending additional related products to enhance the customer’s satisfaction, increase company profitability.
• Closing the sale in an appropriate manner and by following the company procedures and service guidelines.
• Attending to all customer needs e.g. directions within and outside the store; obtaining first aid in the event of an emergency.
• Compute sales prices, total purchases and receive and process cash or credit payment.
• Maintain knowledge of current sales and promotions, policies regarding payment and exchanges, and security practices.
• Maintain records related to sales.
• Demonstrate use or operation of merchandise.
• Inventory stock and requisition new stock.
• Ensure that items have price tag, arrange and display merchandise to promote sales.
• Exchange merchandise for customers and accept returns as per Company guidelines.
• Clean shelves, counters and merchandise stores , showroom windows and ensure the floor is cleaned
• Regularly clear fitting rooms
• Increase the customer base by adding new customers to the mailing list
• Open and close cash registers, performing tasks such as counting money, separating charge slips, coupons, and vouchers, balancing cash drawers, and making deposits.
• Bag or package purchases, and wrap gifts.
• Estimate cost of repair or alteration of merchandise.
• Practice security measures that help prevent theft and understand the procedures for handling shoplifters
Sales Floor and store keeping (30%)
• To ensure that store targets are met through excellent customer service
• Completing window changes when required
• Completing Sale and markdown procedures when required
• Ensuring all security procedures are followed
• To maintain merchandising and housekeeping standards at all times.
• Ensuring that all product is properly hung or folded correctly and more generally displayed as per Company standards and as directed by line management.
• Upholding merchandising standards (e.g. detailing, size stickers, size cubes).
• Dusting, vacuuming, sweeping, polishing, and cleaning windows and mirrors and general cleaning of all store areas as required.
• Perform store opening and closing procedures at times and as directed by the store management.
Coaching & Training (15%)
• To undertake cashier responsibilities as per the store rota.
• To adhere to all company policies and procedures whilst using the POS, cash and inventory management system.
• To ensure that ABM standards of customer service are demonstrated at all times whilst serving on the cash and wrap.
• To ensure that ABM standards of customer service are demonstrated at all times whilst communicating with customers over the phone or via e-mail.
• To show best practices to new employees and lead by example
Expected Years of Experience
• 1-2 years experience in a Customer Service / Sales role
Expected Educational Qualification
• Minimum of High school certificate with fluency in spoken and written English and any other language
• Ability to work in a fast paced team oriented environment
• Cheerful attitude and with excellent communication skills
• Ability to work under pressure and target driven environment
About the Company
Established in 1987, Al Boom Marine started as a distribution company selling eyewear, apparel, footwear and accessories of its popular watersports and lifestyle brands. Al Boom Marine now is one of the leading retail and distribution companies in the GCC, operating more than 25 International brands in water sports, swimwear, surfing, cycling, gadgets and lifestyle through 60 retail stores, and more than 300 active wholesale account throughout the GCC and the MENA region.
Customer Service Associate
Regus / IWG
Gulf Marketing Group (GMG Group)
Front Office Assistant
Dubai Parks and Resorts
Customer Service Agent