Job description / Role
• Responsible for greeting and meeting all customers promptly and politely as they enter the store.
• Provide customer satisfaction by delivering exceptional customer service.
• Guide customers throughout the store or to specific areas the customer requests.
• Develop a clear understanding of all departments, products, make, and features and after sales service
• Effectively deal with customer queries and complaints.
• Follow procedures for dealing with specific customer orders.
• Ensure confidentiality with respect to Al Boom Marine retail/store sales.
• Ensure store targets are met through excellent customer service.
• Perform store opening and closing procedures at times and as directed by the store management.
• Maintain a detailed knowledge of the merchandise/products stocked in the store
• Ensure that technical detail of products are explained to customers
• Ensure promotions and fast-selling lines are featured in the store.
• Provide information about customers (likes, dislikes and opinions to the line manager.
• Ensure effective stock replenishment to the store and continuous stock availability, ongoing recovery & maintenance in the store.
Shop Keeping and Store Standards
• Maximize and contribute to sales within the store through exceptional customer service and retail experience
• Ensure all stock is laid out and displayed according to standard layout (product placement, folded arranged in order from smallest to largest, hanged items must be steamed, brand wise, size-wise).
• Ensure that the shelves, counters and shop floor area is cleaned
• Ensure all product are price tagged, price is covered and bar-coded before displayed.
• Ensure correct ratio of stock on shelves and assist in accurate stock counts as per store requirements.
• Ensure all stock administration (stock counts, STS, dispatch and delivers) are recorded on the system in time.
• Ensure security measures at all times in the store to prevent theft and understand the procedures for handling shoplifters.
• Undertaking the responsibilities of a cashier and completing sales on the POS system
• 1-2 years of retail experience in a customer service / sales role
• An understanding and passion for bikes and associated products/accessories
• Basic bike fitting skills are not mandatory; however, will be beneficial
• Contribution to team success
• Customer focus
• Sales ability/persuasiveness
• Patience and the ability to work/serve customers under pressure
About the Company
Established in 1987, Al Boom Marine started as a distribution company selling eyewear, apparel, footwear and accessories of its popular watersports and lifestyle brands. Al Boom Marine now is one of the leading retail and distribution companies in the GCC, operating more than 25 International brands in water sports, swimwear, surfing, cycling, gadgets and lifestyle through 60 retail stores, and more than 300 active wholesale account throughout the GCC and the MENA region.
Al Boom Marine
Customer Service Associate
Regus / IWG
Gulf Marketing Group (GMG Group)
Sales & Marketing Coordinator
Dubai Parks and Resorts