Job description / Role
Works as an individual and as part of a team to provide legendary service to all customers.
Create the Godiva Experience for our customers by providing customers with prompt service, quality beverages and products, and maintaining a clean and comfortable store environment.
The incumbent is responsible for ensuring stock loss risks are absolutely minimised, and modelling and acting in accordance with Godiva`s Vision and Values.
ENSURE THAT CUSTOMERS RECEIVE PROMPT, FRIENDLY AND PERSONALISED SERVICE
- Work together as a team to care for the needs of every customer.
- Communicate clearly, effectively to all staff and customers.
- Provide legendary customer service according to Company guidelines and standards.
- Learn ingredients and descriptions for all food, beverage and dessert menu items.
- Assist customers with the menu by accurately describing and recommending items.
- Assess and determine customers’ needs throughout their dining/shopping experience and provide required items immediately.
- Deliver food and beverage items to customers within the allotted service times.
- Assist guests as necessary, including: seating waiting guests, answering telephones, showing guests to restrooms, etc.
FOOD AND BEVERAGE PREPARATION AND HOUSEKEEPING
- Provide quality beverages and food products consistently for all customers by adhering to all recipe and presentation standards.
- Act as a final check on the quality of food and beverage items before they are served.
- Follow Health, Safety and sanitation guidelines for all products.
FOLLOW DAILY OBJECTIVES TO ENSURE STORE IS CLEAN, STOCK IS ROTATED AND MERCHANDISED ACCORDING TO COMPANY STANDARDS
- Maintain a clean and organised store so that employees can locate resources and product as needed.
- Work with store-in-charge and employees to lay out effective store and window displays within visual merchandising guidelines.
- Assist with new hire training when necessary.
- Promote seasonal chocolates to customers and achieve sales targets.
PRACTICE CORRECT CASH HANDLING PROCEDURES BY ADDRESSING THE REGISTER AFTER EVERY TRANSACTION.
- Organise money according to correct guidelines.
- Ensure proper amount of bills/coins is available.
- Provide necessary change to customers
- Follow proper cash handling procedures as per company standards.
ASSIST THE MANAGEMENT IN MAINTAINING STANDARDS BY REPORTING ANY PROBLEMS IN THE SURROUNDINGS (I.E. CLEANLINESS OF THE FLOORS, TABLES AND SERVICE STATIONS. ARE ALL OUR CUSTOMERS HAPPY)
- Maintain table standards by clearing all used plates, glassware etc. and by bussing tables and spot sweeping, as needed.
- Keep immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of all customer issues.
- Comply with all company sanitation procedures and proper food handling techniques.
- Follow Service Recovery Procedure as per as company standards for all customer complaints.
Availability: Immediate and/or Currently on visit visa
Qualifications: High School Diploma or equivalent
Experience: One year Experience working in a multi-cultural restaurant/cafe
- Must be upbeat, outgoing and positive.
- Must be able to assist customers and possess great customer relations skills.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and request clarification when needed.
- Ability to work positively in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Basic math skills.
- Ability to work effectively within a team.
Additional Role Requirement:
Must be able to carry out manual duties, stand for long periods of time and lift light to medium loads.
About the Company
Godiva is broadly recognized as the worldwide leader in super premium chocolates with over 600 retail stores, 40,000 points of sale and over 800 travel retail points in more than 100 countries. Godiva chocolates are known for their unique recipes of rich chocolate and fillings, delivering unparalleled quality. Godiva's commitment to excellence is apparent in its Gold Ballotin Collection and seasonal packaging, which have earned Godiva a global reputation for design excellence.
Godiva today manufactures and markets a broad portfolio of indulgent products all bearing the Godiva name. In an effort to build the year around relevance of the brand, Godiva has taken meaningful and successful steps to broaden its portfolio beyond chocolate gifting into the high growth, self-treat/consumption and home entertainment/sharing segments of the marketplace across the globe.
Godiva products are manufactured at company-owned facilities in Brussels, Belgium and Reading, Pennsylvania. The company has approximately 5,000 employees around the world.