Job description / Role
Kanoo Machinery is looking for a Sales Engineer cum Coordinator with experience in the direct sales of welding machines, welding generators, consumables and abrasives. The candidate will also be responsible to provide support to the Welding sales team by coordination of various activities, such as - lead generation, correspondence, telephone enquiries, stocks, delivery and pricing.
Specifically, candidates that have technical experience and knowledge of the following brand s- Lincoln, FSH, Hyundai, TBI, Panasonic, Bohler, ESAB and Miller would be preferred.
• Customer visits in Abu Dhabi to be carried out to average a minimum of 20 hours/ week. Map market potential, consumables and equipment required.
• Handle welding demonstrations independently.
• Answer telephone calls for the welding division. Review the inquiry (oral or email) received and assign the inquiry to the respective salesperson.
• Prepare and submit quotations to customers through email/ fax and through online portals.
• Prepare customer orders, quotations, proforma invoice, one off approvals through Symphony.
• Prepare purchase requests, PO amendment etc. – for both stock and presold orders.
• Prepare weekly sales reports and other reports as requested.
• Follow up on payments, invoice submission and monitoring the same.
• Manage inventory, handle correspondence and documentation with Principals (Filing customer orders, purchase orders, Material test certificates etc.)
• Follow up with Principals / Inter-department with respect to material collection / deliveries.
• Forward the inquiry with required details to the principals (Lincoln, FSH, Hyundai, TBI, Panasonic etc.) for availability, lead time and price.
• Follow up with the principals (Lincoln, FSH, Hyundai, Panasonic, TBI etc.) on the consumables/ machines ordered and on customer payments.
• Periodically do stock analysis of welding consumables, abrasives and inform the Manager/ Sales team for re-ordering.
• Prepare stock analysis every 15 days and based on stock movement, preparing purchase request upon approval of the welding Manager.
• Prepare tender documents for government customers and submit the same through online portal or tender box, prepare necessary documents for technical and commercial bid and handover the same to the concerned salesperson for submission.
• Effective communication with; Sales Team, Accounts, Logistics, Audit, Service and Parts department, etc.
• Diploma in Electrical / Mechanical / Metallurgical engineering with 8 to 10 experience in selling welding machines and welding consumables.
• You must have prior experience and possess good product knowledge of the welding industry in UAE (welding machines/ consumables / abrasives).
• Prior experience in sales coordination and other administrative work in the same field.
• Market knowledge of Abu Dhabi will be an added advantage.
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
• Valid UAE Driver License.
• Arabic Speaker (preferred, not mandatory).
• Prior work experience in the welding industry in UAE and worked in a similar capacity.
• You must be hard working, willing to learn and have a positive attitude.
• Pleasant and customer friendly personality.
• Accept challenges, work under pressure and work as a team.
• Smart, amiable, willing to learn attitude.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills.
Kanoo Group. Many Opportunities. One Address.
About the Company
Established in 1890, Yusuf Bin Ahmed Kanoo (YBA Kanoo) started from a humble trading and shipping enterprise founded in Bahrain by Haji Yusuf Bin Ahmed Kanoo. From Bahrain, the business spread to Saudi Arabia in the 1930s.
In 1967, Hamed Kanoo came from Saudi Arabia to the UAE to expand the family business. Having successfully established Yusuf Bin Ahmed Kanoo (YBA Kanoo)'s operations in Khafji in the Kingdom, the company asked him to replicate the same in UAE too. With only 5 people including him, Hamed Kanoo managed to put-up The Kanoo Group as a trade name in the UAE Map. At present, The Kanoo Group operates in UAE and Oman. Mishal Hamed Kanoo serves as the Chairman, with over 1,200 employees working for its divisions.
The Kanoo family remained true to their early values. This adherence to ethics and beliefs made them an essential component of the regional business life.
One of the first industries that Kanoo excelled at was shipping. No one could have predicted that it would challenge the monopoly of long established British companies and goes on to become the largest regional shipping agency in the Middle East. Kanoo Shipping is one of the founders of S5 Agency World Ltd. and was the first Arab shipping agency in the region in 1911. At present, Kanoo Shipping operates in 20 countries and in all principal ports and offshore tanker loading terminals around the Arabian Peninsula, including Iraq. It handles 11,000 port calls every year which covers all ports in the Suez to India range.
The historic rise of Kanoo Travel has proven similarly impressive. The group's interest in travel started in 1937 when the company used to provide refueling facilities for Imperial Airline sea-planes en route to India and Australia. In 1947, Kanoo Travel became the first IATA agency in the Gulf and became the very first travel company in the Middle East to receive the ISO certification in 1997.
The Group's another success story began in mid-1960s. Kanoo Machinery used to supply construction and material handling equipment in the region. At that time, the UAE was just setting up its oil and gas industry and developing its infrastructure. By providing the government and private sectors with world-class equipment and services, Kanoo Machinery helped lay down the foundations of the vital sectors of UAE's economy.
Today for over 130 years, the company is amongst the most diversified and highly regarded business houses in the Gulf region and operates extensively throughout Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates, Oman, Yemen and Qatar. It has unremittingly grown its realm of businesses into various industries in shipping, travel, machinery, logistics, property, energy (oil & gas, power, water) industrial chemicals, training, joint ventures, retail, and commercial activities.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
RTC-1 Employment Services
|Abu Dhabi||15 Jul|
Sales Engineer (Machine and Cutting Tools)
RTC-1 Employment Services
|Abu Dhabi||9 Jun|
NeXTeP Interior Decoration
RTC-1 Employment Services
|Abu Dhabi||4 Aug|
Facility Management Engineer