Job description / Role
- Prospecting new accounts for Novotel & Ibis Gate Hotel and follow the sales process through to convert into 'producing' accounts.Ensure that all accounts are properly updated in Opera.
- Maintain up-to-date activity and rate information for each account.
- Action any group and event enquiry and ensure accurate hand over for follow up to Inspired Meeting team.
- To support: Sales Co-coordinator in carrying out his / her roles effectively (i.e. by ensuring there are enough sales kits available for the week)Communicating client requirements in a timely and accurate manner to all internal departments as required, ensuring delivery of superior guest service.
- Ensure accurate follow up and communication both internally to reservations and accounting departments, and confirmation to client. Rates sheets must be accurate at all times.
- To arrange and manage familiarization / educational trips in line with business needs.Respond within 24 hours to any Group/banqueting requests, checking space/rates in Opera and communicating to Inspired Meeting Manager for further follow up.
- Fully aware of ACCOR and brands programs Fully aware of the ACOR values Gather market & customer information and provide feed back on buying trends, negotiate terms of an agreement and close sales deal Should perform other duties assigned by superior(s).
- Visit potential customer for new business Maintain and develop relationship with existing customers in person & via telephone calls
- Provides answers that are adapted to customers' needs, taking the accommodation possibilities into account
- Rapidly identifies the new customer and modifies the sales pitch accordingly
- Informs customers about the services on offer at the hotel and encourages use
- Is familiar with the local area around the hotel, including the competition
- Suggests other Mercure or Accor hotels to customers if the hotel is full .
- Manage daily weekly sales organisation with 5 sales calls/day or average of 25 sales calls/week along with 10 telesales call/day. Entertainment of 2 per week is a must .
- Identify, research & develop new clients in the local market.
- Negotiate rates & other client bookings based on client usage/history/time of year & to keep hotel in the top rankings in comp set Maintain and email contacts ensuring return of all calls & emails .
- Follow up & resolve any corporate sales client complaints with Operations department
- Level of Education Bachelor / Licence Areas of study Sales
- 1 to 2 years
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.