Job description / Role
This is a new kind of hospitality, grounded in the spirit of discovery, the fantasy of nightlife and the adventure of connection. Hyde is more than a brand, it's a state of mind.
HYDE HOTEL DUBAI
Hyde Hotels, Resorts & Residences, part of the world-leading Accor group, is the first Hyde hotel outside of the United States, Hyde Dubai Business Bay, in close proximity to the iconic Burj Khalifa directly fronting the Business Bay canal and promenade.
The 276-rooms, all with balconies, is a mix of gracious standard rooms and luxurious suites with views of the Dubai Canal, the Dubai skyline and the iconic Burj Khalifa - the tallest building in the world.
Hyde Hotel Dubai features three incredible culinary experiences including the Mediterranean concept, Cleo Mediterráneo, contemporary Japanese from Katsuya, hand-crafted burgers from Hudson Tavern. Also on the property is The Perq, a coffee concept, a lobby lounge, and Hyde pool & lounge as well as a spa, male/female salon, fitness center, a swimming pool and retail area. The hotel's public areas, guestrooms and Cleo are designed by Ciarmoli Queda Studio. Katsuya, Hudson Tavern and Hyde pool and lounge are designed by Tristan Plessis Studio.
The Sales Executive will be managing accounts within the Sales & Marketing department in charge of local and international accounts for both individual bookings assigned by Director of Sales with a focus on the Government Sector.
This position will be responsible for managing assigned accounts in respective markets and materializing budgeted revenues through existing clients and key prospects. Assists & cooperates with Department and Division heads in reaching the targeted goals as defined in the sales and marketing plan.
- To assist during preparation of the yearly revenue & expense budget.
- To actively contribute to the Department's financial and administrative activities to ensure that yearly revenue budgets are surpassed.
- To prepare and submit relevant administration tasks in a timely and accurate manner such as sales call schedules, sales call reports and monthly reports to the Director of Sales.
- To participate in preparing the sales action plans, attend sales meetings; develop new ideas such as special packages, programs, promotional activities undertaken by sales department, F&B, spa and other hotel revenue centres.
- To work closely with the sales team in the preparation of personal sales goals on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis and to complete a report and analysis at the end of each month.
- To solicit existing and potential customers and follow up established accounts on regular basis by personal contact, by phone and by correspondence.
- To set up appointments and make personal sales calls, telemarketing and site inspections to all existing and potential accounts.
- To follow up on lost business and bring information about them to the knowledge of the department superior.
- To negotiate with all customers and send out offers/contracts regarding individual and group business.
- To follow the sales and marketing results and propose corrective actions if needed.
- To explore industry related data, new developments, new assignments, industrial complexes, new business centers, new projects which all could be interest and benefit of the hotel and to distribute this information to colleagues
- To entertain decision makers of accounts in the F&B outlets of the hotel and to take part in promotional activities with them.
- To keep close follow up on developments of the competitor hotels (occupancy, structural alterations, renovation, special campaigns, rate promotions, marketing efforts, themed events etc.) To also explore and compare business traffic (who is accommodating guests in which hotel) amongst the competitors.
- To bring ideas and participate in the preparations of the promotional theme events, other promotional activities and invitation lists.
- To handle individual requests personally, when necessary,
- To maintain an efficient customer database system (OPERA) which is essential in generating sales activities report.
- To update customers with the latest developments in the hotel and inform hotel management of all changes in the customer profile.
- To participate in preparing the sales action plans, attend sales meetings, develop new ideas such as special packages, programs, promotional activities undertaken by sales department, F&B, spa and other hotel revenue centres.
- To take part in sales training programs, trade fairs / shows, sales blitzes and fam trips assigned by department head.
- To have updated information of the latest developments in the hotel including all activities, promotions, rates of the property and the competition.
- To keep department superiors informed of all changes in the customer profile.
- To prepare & present a weekly sales activity report to the Department and Division heads. Weekly report will include all past week activities and plan for the current week to include sales calls, site inspections, fam trips, new agencies, meetings, entertainment and other functions, covering information about the company, their comments, requirements, complaints of their customers etc.
- To keep the Director of Sales promptly and fully informed of all problems or concerns so that corrective action can be taken on time.
- To adhere to the Department and Hotel's standard operating procedures (SOP's)
- To ensure strict confidentiality of information in the Department and Hotel.
- To accomplish any additional work assigned by the DOS
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in a sales position, preferably at lifestyle hotel
- Degree/Diploma in Hotel Management / Business Administration
- Strong knowledge of Opera & Microsoft Office
- Understands the local culture and have worked in the region
- Fluency in English and Arabic, written & spoken
- Fluency in other language is an advantage
- Good understanding of lifestyle market
- Good understanding of all hotel departments
- Professional sales and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated, creative and confident, with a highly energetic personality
- Creative, motivated and manages stress gracefully
- A team player with a positive attitude
- Strategic thinking combined with the ability to move strategy to action
- Adaptable to change of strategy, ideas, systems etc.
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to meet deadlines consistently
- Pro-active, takes initiative and independent
- Well-organized & ability to work and follow systems and procedures
- Guest service oriented
- Efficient multi-tasker
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.