Job description / Role
- Overcome the 'location' challenge and build Groups and Events segment base for the hotel
- Create awareness with regards to the hotels meeting and banqueting facilities
- Implement brand standards in all sales processes.
- Shift market share from the competition with specific focus on group segment
- Creates sales strategy for account penetration
- Executes sales strategy to achieve goals
- Develops contracts and correspondence, manages opportunity details and proactively develops customer solutions
- Works independently or centrally, depending on account, with corporate business travel segment to establish appropriate business transient pricing for assigned accounts
- Proactively communicates with key stakeholder group (General Manager, Property Sales Leaders, Directors of Finance and Accounting
- Works with Director of Sales & Marketing on account productivity, opportunities and strategic direction
- Maintains accurate and up to date account data and reporting using account management systems
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- Establishes clear expectations for customers and the property throughout the sales process.
- Transfers accurate, complete and timely information to operating departments at the property.
- Effectively resolves guest issues that arise as a result of the sales process; brings issues to the attention of property leadership team as appropriate.
- Participate in guest satisfaction review sessions to identify areas of improvement; takes ownership of results and shares recommendations to address guest service issues
- Create both awareness and develop loyalty through familiarization trips, site visits and presentations.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining close relationship with local convention bureau and tourist board offices.
- To assist in devising incentives for conference and incentive agents to stimulate business.
- Handle all incoming Groups and Events RFP generated by sales offices, pertaining to own defined segment or portfolio
- Implement and execute all sales objectives and action plans to reach and exceed set targets
- Prepare offer letters according to guest requirements and availability, according to company standards and selling strategy
- Ensure that all necessary information about the event is obtained either from account manager or from the client directly prior to the preparation of an offer
- Maximize up selling opportunities by proposing additional events and activities suitable and complimenting to the Groups and Events booking
- Establish and maintain files of major accounts and assist Superiors in maintaining the accounts management system
Level of Education
- Bachelor / Licence
Areas of study
- Hospitality Management
- 3 to 5 years
Essential and optional requirements
- Power Point
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.