Job description / Role
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for building a profitable book trading non-ferrous metals (lead, zinc, nickel, tin, aluminum, copper etc.) sourcing and selling B2B.
- Trade physical base / non-ferrous metals (aluminum, copper, nickel, zinc, tin, manganese, chrome, etc.)
- Promote purchase activity and foster relationships with suppliers.
- Develop and maintain relationships with customers and trading partners.
- Actively promote new client relationships and identify new trading partnerships with metals businesses across the region.
- Ability to grow with the business.
- Ability to manage risks by working closely with internal hedging, risk management and commodity analyst’s teams on hedging your physical metal trading book
- Work closely with other departments (logistics, operations, etc.) to ensure a smooth supply chain and high customer service
- Develop and manage relationships with producers and customers in order to identify new opportunities and enhance the company s growing presence globally
- Trade back-to-back metals (copper, nickel, zinc, tin, manganese, chrome, aluminum, etc.) and manage own proven personal P & L track record
- A good network of suppliers, smelters, and distributors.
- Experience in an independent metal trading business is key.
- Strong fundamental understanding of the base metal trading operations and international trading practice.
- Prepare and analyze relevant market information to ensure the company remains competitive.
- Ability to set up reporting by utilizing and executing on fundamental market analysis as well as macro indicators
- Daily preparation of trading records, P&L, and risk reporting for trading, finance, operations, and senior management.
- Daily negotiation with customers and suppliers.
- Good communicating and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to travel/meet with clients to build new trading relationships
AED 6,000 to 10,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
- Minimum 7 years of experience trading non-ferrous metals (aluminum, copper, nickel, lead, zinc, tin, etc.) with a track record of success / positive PnL.
- Ideal experience is in non-ferrous metals, chrome, manganese ores or concentrates – must have an existing portfolio / network
- Degree in Business, Commodity Trading or another relevant topic is preferred
- Confident, adaptable, builds relationships easily and interacts well under pressure Technical understanding of derivatives and financial derivatives (futures, options, swaps) is a plus
- Fluency in English; fluency in other European languages / multilingual will be an added advantage
About the Company
Over the past 60 years, The Nikash Group has become a leader in the manufacturing, trading and distribution of specialized commodities.
Founded in 1960 as a general trading company specializing in the agricultural sector, the Nikash Group has since grown to become a major player and marketer of physical commodities with a presence in over 50 countries worldwide through agents and representative offices.
Our objective is to responsibly source the commodities which supplement our everyday life. Our long standing and established relationships with suppliers, Manufacturing facilities, international Logistic companies along with our dedicated extensive employee base is what enables us to supply not only competitively priced commodities but reliable and uniform quality.
The Kanoo Group
Sales Executive - Digital Automation Software
Manno Trading DMCC
WeDo Global (WDG)
Purchase & Logistics Officer