Job description / Role
Sales Manager (Abu Dhabi)
Reporting to the Director of Sales, the Sales Manager, Middle East will plan, organize and develop the Middle East market through an independent distribution network and direct sales. Working with and through the Representative network the Sales Manager will expand market share with existing and new accounts and be responsible to develop strategies in conjunction with the representatives that will produce maximum market penetration while maintaining profitability. Establishes and maintains close relationships with key decision makers.
The primary purpose of this position is to develop, promote, market and sell the Curtiss Wright suite of valve and flow control products which are comprised of Farris' pressure relief valves and engineering software and services, Phönix specialty isolation and control valves and Solent & Pratt High Performance and Triple Offset Butterfly Valves in the Middle East region.
This position will be a home based role based locally in the Middle East Region. The successful candidate will have proven sales experience in the Middle East and previous experience reporting to Regional Offices across Europe and the USA. This position requires extensive travel (75%) throughout the Middle East Region is required including travel by both car and airplane as needed.
Essential Functions And Responsibilities
• In coordination with the Director of Sales, Business Unit G.M.'s and other Regional Sales Managers, the Middle East Sales Manager will work to develop, formulate and implement the strategy for company growth in the Middle East markets.
• Responsible for the development of an independent distribution network for the Middle East.
• In support of the distribution network and direct product users conducts sales activities, including sales calls, seminars, trade shows, local training, clarification meetings and final negotiations on orders for all Valve Group-Process products and services.
• Working with the Global Project Pursuit Team by providing opportunities to bid proposals, providing local technical and commercial support, providing instructions and support to internal teams conducting RFQ preparations and project follow up as needed to secure orders.
• Review, improve and manage distribution network to achieve Company goals and objectives.
• In conjunction with the distribution network, gain conquest sales and convert competitor accounts.
• Negotiates and closes contracts with customers.
• Maintains & develops relationships with customers.
• Ensure all reports and all customer files in CRM are maintained accurately, including key personnel, sales history, future opportunities and competitive information.
• Leverage existing business to develop and secure new opportunities.
• Create and execute to business plans for the region.
• Ensure regional sales representative objectives for assigned territory are met or exceeded.
• Prepare and submit company reports by designated deadlines.
• Participate actively in company sponsored training sessions, sales meetings and divisional functions.
• Management responsibility Valve Group Regional Sales Manager and independent distribution network.
Knowledge, Skills & Training Needs
• Must be fluent, verbal & written, in English.
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or similar Technical Certificate in Engineering, Instrumentation fields required.
• Minimum 5 years outside sales experience selling Pressure Relief Valves, Isolation and Control Valves or other valve product lines to EPC or User environment in the fluid or Hydrocarbon Process Industries required.
• Experience in managing independent distributor network preferred
• Strong Computer skill required.
• Basic understanding of fluid and/or process systems preferred.
• Confidence in the delivery of presentations to small and large groups
• Experience in development and executing business plans
• Experienced in qualifying sales opportunities, negotiating and closing the sale
• Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills along with a strong personality with a positive, team-oriented attitude.
• Well versed in Middle Eastern sales and business cultures, able to speak and understand the Arabic language is a plus but not required.
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to export control regulations such as the U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and U.S. Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must meet eligibility requirements of the ITAR, EAR, and of The Netherlands and the EU through completion of a Personnel Security Screening Standard (PSSS) application. In the event information provided on the PSSS application reveals ineligibility to access US export controlled information, any offer of employment may be withdrawn.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
About the Company
Curtiss-Wright Corporation is a diversified, multinational provider of highly engineered, technologically advanced products and services. We are the corporate descendants of the Wright brothers, the fathers of flight, and Mr. Glenn Curtiss, the father of naval aviation.
In 1929, the companies founded by these three great aviation pioneers merged to form the largest aircraft company at the time, Curtiss-Wright Corporation. Today, we design and manufacture highly engineered, advanced technologies that perform critical functions in demanding conditions in the commercial, industrial, defense, and energy markets, and have operations in the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, and internationally. We are listed on the New York Stock Exchange and trade under the symbol CW.
Bluebox HR Limited
UAE Key Account Manager
Irwin & Dow
|Abu Dhabi||14 Feb|
Business Development Manager
Manpower Middle East
Business Development Manager
Transguard Workforce Solutions