Job description / Role
We are currently seeking for passionate and dynamic Sales professionals who pride themselves on their ability to deliver extraordinary levels of customer service and provide creative solutions to our guests.
As a Sales Manager you are responsible to implement all sales activities and maximize business opportunities in your specific area of responsibility. The role involves implementing and executing all sales action plans and will include key responsibilities such as:
General Duties and Responsibilities:
• To generate and maintain customers of defined accounts / areas through sales activities (face to face sales calls, telephone calls, entertainment).
• To maintain a high level of exposure for the hotel through direct sales, telephone, fax, written communications.
• To ensure comprehensive & complete coverage of own portfolio covering all levels of accounts’ managerial & departmental executives for a comprehensive client servicing, achieving targets and maximum productivity.
• To implement & executes all sales objectives and action plans to reach and exceed targets set.
• To solicit and serves transient and group business & meetings.
• To formulate corporate offer letters and yearly contracts and any other required business correspondence.
• To establish parameters, quotes and negotiate prices with customers for transient and group business.
• To ensure that the response to any business request is actions within 24 hours
• To promote & produces sales leads for the Rotana Hotels outside of coverage area.
• To provide feedback to the Director of Sales & Marketing / Director of Sales / Senior Sales Managers / Sales Managers on changing marketing conditions, including trends in the competition, as a result of direct sales solicitation, telephone and direct mail, in his / her market areas.
• To arrange site inspections of hotel.
• To disseminate sales related information to other departments as appropriate.
• To maintain close communication with the Events Management Team in the negotiation process of their accounts.
• To attend all pre & post – conference meetings, as required, arranged by the Event’s Management Department.
• To follow up with the Events Management Team after the post – event meeting with Thank You calls and send Thank You Letter together.
• To perform all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established hotel policies to achieve the overall objectives of the position.
• To handle incoming calls and ensures messages are taken and details are forwarded to the person concerned.
• To attend departmental and communication meeting as requested by Department Head.
• To attend major events in hotel & city as requested by Department Head.
• To closely monitor accounts revenue and business production of own corporate portfolio and that of any assigned Sales Executives.
• To maximize up selling opportunities whenever possible.
• To review direct competition and conducts regular research.
• To establish and maintains files of major accounts and assists Senior Sales Manager in maintaining the accounts management system.
• To ensure that selling strategies are adhered to during negotiations and maximizes up selling opportunities whenever possible.
• To maintain an up to date account & contact database and details in property management system.
• To ensure comprehensive and up to date knowledge of properties’ unique selling points, features, amenities, services and policies.
• To closely coordinate and communicate with outbound sales office with regards to accounts/markets that are serviced by Outbound Sales.
• To ensure that Rotana Hotels Sales & Marketing Policies and Standard Operational Procedures are adhered to at all times.
Environment, Health & Safety Responsibilities:
• To maintain compliance with all policies and procedures of EHSMS.
• Identify risks/aspects, implement corrective action and arrange monitoring where required.
• Ensure relevant EHS information is provided and appropriate training is maintained.
• Maintain appropriate records as required for EHSMS.
• Conduct regular section meetings to discuss EHS issues and ensure consultative structure and colleague’s participation.
• Ensure that all reported incidents are investigated and all actions are reported to Department heads to prevent a similar occurrence.
Education, Qualifications & Experiences
• You should be holding a degree in sales and minimum two years post graduate work experiences, ideally within the hotel industry.
• You must be a computer literate with excellent presentation skills and highly sophisticated communication skills, written and oral with proficiency in English is essential and any other language skills beside will be an asset.
Knowledge & Competencies
The ideal candidate will have a guest and service oriented attitude, backed up by a pro active approach and a strong drive for results. In your daily business you show flexibility, display a high level of integrity and professionalism to both colleagues and clients. You are having a track record in exceeding targets with the ability to identify, implement and execute sales strategies and account plans while possessing following additional competencies:
• Understanding Hotel Operations
• Effective Communication
• Planning for Business
• Supervising People
• Understanding Differences
• Supervising Operations
• Customer Focus
• Drive for Results
About the Company
"One of the premier locations of Abu Dhabi, the bustling grandeur of the iconic Beach Rotana Abu Dhabi belies the beauty of the bay beyond. This award-winning city resort boasts a central location that is directly connected to the shops, cinemas, and services of Abu Dhabi Mall, and mere minutes from Saadiyat Island, the new Central Business District (CBD) and the Corniche. Abu Dhabi International airport is just a 30-minute drive.
Step into the luxurious 5-star Beach Rotana Abu Dhabi, leave the city behind, and savour the traditional Arabian hospitality, luxury and comfort of 565 rooms, suites, and serviced apartments furnished to the highest standards. All rooms offer waterside or city views, comfortable workspace, and outstanding comfort. Expect luxury linens, excellent WiFi, and attentive service.
12 unparalleled dining destinations await, including Finz, our stunning seafood destination on the water. Dining options abound from the French-Polynesian, Indian, Italian, German, and more. Regal ballrooms, cutting-edge conference and meeting facilities ensure success for groups from 10 to 1200.
Enjoy the private beach club, complete with swimming pool, squash and tennis courts, watersports, kid's club, and extensive gym. Rejuvenate with bespoke treatments in Zen the spa, including the signature Rasul mud treatments and spa baths."