Job description / Role
Under the guidance of the Assistant Director of Sales and Marketing within the boundaries of the hotel policies and procedures, the Sales Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Proactively manage a given number of key accounts/key prospects and other active accounts to ensure maximum production to meet set target.
- Maintain valid call objectives and relevant action plans for each key account/Key prospect and ensure all follow up is done in timely manner
- Proactively prospecting new accounts for the hotel and follow the sales process through to convert into 'producing' accounts.
- Plan and conduct familiarization tours and site inspections in line with business needs
- Monitors & grow existing business with inputs into sales strategies, meetings to maximize business and pursues leads which will develop business
- Interfaces with operations on a timely basis
- Take personal responsibility to ensure that all accounts are properly updated in Opera and that the system is utilized to its full capacity
- Maintain up-to-date activity and production information for each account
- Analyses sales mix and likely impact on hotel goals
Level of Education
- Master / MBA
Areas of study
- 3 to 5 years
- French (Fluent)
- Dutch (Fluent)
Essential and optional requirements
- Minimum of 2 - 4 years Sales experience in upscale/ luxury hotels.
- Preferably with good knowledge of local culture.
- Ability to drive government business and corporate.
- A degree in hospitality management or a related field from a recognized school or university
- Previous UAE experience and able to generate local and GCC sales opportunities.
- Should be Customer focused, Team player, Result Oriented, Adaptability, Problem solving & Decision making
- Fluent in English, both oral and written. Additional languages would be an advantage
- Local driving license
- Power Point
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.