Job description / Role
In this role, the Exhibition Sales Executive/Manager will be required to drive new business development, manage and retain existing accounts, prospect for leads and maximise sales revenue. Experience within exhibitions and events would be an advantage but not necessary.
• Make outgoing sales calls to new and existing prospects across the territory to actively sell exhibition space and sponsorship
• Achieve personal targets for exhibition sales, outbound calls and all other KPI’s
• Manage sales budget and maximize revenue
• Develop and manage a strong pipeline and accurate forecasting
• Sourcing and developing your own leads as well as utilizing leads from current database
• Reporting all revenues and weekly progress to senior management
• Negotiating and managing contracts
• Working hours: Sunday to Thursday 09:00AM to 06:00PM UAE time
• Minimum 3-4 years of sales/business development experience in a relevant environment (conference, events, agencies, publishing)
• A highly driven and confident sales professional
• Ability to sell online and offline solutions
• Outstanding communication skills (over phone and written) and the ability to work with a diverse range of stakeholders
• Commercially minded with the ability to demonstrate creativity and initiative in a sales environment
• Understanding of CRM systems e.g Salesforce
• A proven record of negotiating and securing new business
• An ability to build long term, sustainable and profitable relationships with customers and develop a profile within the industry
• Ability to travel overseas on business
• Demonstrated ability to assume ownership of a project and generate results
About the Company
At GL Exhibitions, our primary goal is to foster connections between suppliers and buyers through outstanding trade shows and events that create unparalleled customer experiences. We have been a game changer in the industry by developing both online and offline communities that offer unhindered access and sales opportunities for our customers.
We are a global business with offices and teams across the globe offering result-oriented solutions using technology and online resources which makes our events a 365-day business platform.
We have a deep interest in developing and offering end to end solutions for our customers; be it in opening new markets or in last-mile delivery of their products. We take pride in having a wide network of partners and long-term customers. Annually we bring together over 3 million professionals through our global event network, all the while ensuring that we stay focused on our customers and their requirements.