Job description / Role
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from. Apply now!
Responsible for building and leading a world class team that will sell SAP's solutions via aggressive and value-based market penetration strategies.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
- Recruits a team of high caliber sales talent, introduces strong sales processes, supports the development of a full pipeline of sales prospects, engages customers and Partners at the executive level, motivates the sales team, resolves conflicts, removes barriers and provides recognition in the pursuit and achievement of sales revenue and profitability.
- Defines a vision and creates a winning strategy that draws upon the strengths of SAP and responds to specific market needs, generating competitive advantage on existing markets and developing consistent new revenue streams that will guarantee short and long term achievements.
- Develops and applies an in-depth understanding of SAP's processes/ procedures and sales tools/systems as well as enterprise market, including industry, marketplace, strategies and trends, competitors and competitive tactics to develop an effective long-term sales strategy and plan.
- Demonstrates outstanding execution track along sales cycle, ensuring SAP's sales methodologies and common processes are in place and defining clear territory engagement guidelines.
- Monitors and takes necessary measures to ensure adequate pipeline of opportunities and demand generations for sustainable growth.
- Utilizes a disciplined approach for successful solution selling (value Centric Sales Approach), establishing and maintaining accurate, timely and documented sales revenue forecasting procedures, providing required updates to SAP executive management.
- Ensures there is a proper business case with clear and attractive ROI impact, on each proposal SAP presents.
- Builds a network of executive relationships across industry, community and business groups, and with key partners and customers to stay current on issues impacting business and sales, providing meaningful strategic advice to retain and grow their business through integrated solutions.
- Stays current and informed on all new campaigns, understanding their objectives and relevance, communicating to Sales team and ensuring all involved know the roles the play in making campaigns successful.
- Supports the development of solid references.
- Drives team towards expected market penetration and customers/partners satisfaction levels.
- Takes advantage of internal VAT (Virtual Account Teams) as well as development and support organizations, involving them on the early stages of sales cycle and driving expected results.
- Inspires and influences internal stakeholders, experts and other resources not under direct control, helping to remove obstacles and aiming goals achievement.
- Drives each sales team member toward expected quarterly and annual sales objectives.
- Facilitates alignment and effective communication within sales team and internal/external key partners/customers and promptly resolve any conflict to encourage harmonious and productive interaction.
- Facilitates individual growth and development of Sales team, setting objectives, performance standards and priorities, coaching and acting as role model on sales approaches and account leadership.
- Effectively manages remote resources, dedicating quality time and leveraging company's resources.
- Embraces GCO Sales University, leveraging available tools and supporting people training initiatives.
As a people manager, you are responsible for supporting the success of not only your direct reports, but the success of all employees within the larger team you are a part by helping to identify development opportunities and supporting team members to achieve their goals. You are expected to know about the members of your extended team and share insights with your peer managers. Look for opportunities to coach and recognize employees directly and provide just-in-time feedback so that employees can reflect on your input immediately.
- 15+ years of experience in sales of complex business software / IT solutions
- Proven track record in business application software sales.
- Experience leading/managing in a team selling environment.
- Demonstrated success with complex, long-cycle sales campaigns in a fast-paced, consultative and competitive market.
- Demonstrate success negotiating complex contracts.
- Demonstrated knowledge on consultative selling methodologies
- Proven abilities on managing highly complex organizations and applying risk-mitigation strategies to customer
- Business level English: Fluent
- Local language: Fluent, Business Level
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor equivalent
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
Our inclusion promise
SAP's culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone - regardless of background - feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
The key to SAP's success? Our people.
We grow. We lead. We innovate - together! We believe that the difference between success and failure is a great team. As colleagues, we support, challenge, and inspire one another every day. We're results-driven and ready to go the extra mile for our customers. We all work from different places dealing with different challenges and opportunities. But our goal is mutual. We build breakthroughs, together.
Driven by innovation? It's in our DNA.
At SAP, innovation is more than just developing top-notch software - it's creating technologies that open up new possibilities. As a cloud company we are future-proofing our customers' business and building systems that provide a foundation for growth and innovation. We know this doesn't happen by accident, so we provide a working environment that promotes free thinking, bold ideas, and collaboration. Of course, having the resources and expertise of a major global organization helps too.
Got ambitious goals? Achieve them - at SAP.
Stay relevant, agile, successful. SAP's robust portfolio of learning and development offerings helps you unlock your potential, stay ahead of technology and accelerates your career. At SAP, we want to make sure our employees are happy, healthy, fulfilled, challenged - and working towards their individual career goals.
There's more to it than coding.
Learn, innovate, and get rewarded. Be your best in a flexible and collaborative environment. The boldness it took to start our company is exactly what we need to keep growing it. That's why we introduced the Hasso Plattner Founders' Award - the highest employee recognition at SAP. It's awarded annually by the CEO to an individual or team whose extraordinary achievement best delivers on SAP's vision and strategy.
Driven by innovation.
SAP has continuously evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end enterprise application software, database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. Our customers are solving the world's hardest problems. As a cloud company we are future-proofing our customers' business and building systems that provide a foundation for growth and innovation. Our vision of the future of enterprise IT is simple - software must be hyper-personalized, modular in nature, and support outcome-based business models.
Not all heroes wear capes.
The key to SAP's success? Our people. They are innovators, leaders, and all around great human beings. They come from many different countries, speak many different languages - and bring their own unique experiences to the table.
About the Company
Headquartered in Walldorf, Germany, SAP is the world's largest business software company with more than 51,500 employees at sales and development locations in more than 50 countries worldwide.
Our global development approach focuses on distributing development across the world in strategically important markets. A global network of SAP Labs spanning Bulgaria, Canada, China, Germany, Hungary, India, Israel, and the United States, enables SAP to operate locally, yet organize globally.
As the global technology research unit of SAP, SAP Research significantly contributes to SAP's product portfolio and extends SAP's leading position by identifying and shaping emerging IT trends through applied research and corporate venturing. SAP Research has highly skilled teams in 11 research centers worldwide.