Job description / Role
This is a new kind of hospitality, grounded in the spirit of discovery, the fantasy of nightlife and the adventure of connection. Hyde is more than a brand, it's a state of mind.
THE HYDE DUBAI
Hyde Hotels, Resorts & Residences, part of the world-leading Accor group; opened the first Hyde hotel outside of the United States, Hyde Dubai Business Bay, in close proximity to the iconic Burj Khalifa directly fronting the Business Bay canal and promenade.
Hyde Hotel Dubai Business Bay, a five-star hotel, opened their doors in Q4 2021. The 276-rooms, all with balconies, is a mix of gracious standard rooms and luxurious suites with views of the Dubai Canal, the Dubai skyline and the iconic Burj Khalifa - the tallest building in the world.
Hyde Hotel Dubai will feature three incredible culinary experiences including the Mediterranean concept, Cleo Mediterráneo, contemporary Japanese from Katsuya, hand-crafted burgers from Hudson Tavern. Also on the property is The Perq, a coffee concept, a lobby lounge, and Hyde pool & lounge as well as a spa, male/female salon, fitness center, a swimming pool and retail area. The hotel's public areas, guestrooms and Cleo was designed by Ciarmoli Queda Studio. Katsuya, Hudson Tavern and Hyde pool and lounge designed by Tristan Plessis Studio.
Responsible for leading and motivating junior team members to ensure yearly sales budget is achieved and surpassed. Responsible for adhering to the management standards and quality guidelines in the Department set by the Director of Sales.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- To assist during preparation of the yearly revenue & expense budget.
- To actively contribute to the Department's financial and administrative activities to ensure that yearly revenue budgets are surpassed.
- To prepare and submit relevant administration tasks in a timely and accurate manner such as sales call schedules, sales call reports and monthly reports to the Director Of Sales.
- To participate in preparing the sales action plans, attend sales meetings; develop new ideas such as special packages, programs, promotional activities undertaken by sales department, F&B, spa and other hotel revenue centres.
- To work closely with the sales team in the preparation of personal sales goals on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis and to complete a report and analysis at the end of each month.
- To respond to all inquiries within 24 hours.
- To set up appointments and make personal sales calls, telemarketing and site inspections to all existing and potential accounts.
- To entertain decision makers of accounts in the F&B outlets of the hotel and to take part in promotional activities with them.
- To follow up on lost business and bring information about them to the knowledge of the department superior.
- To negotiate with all customers and send out offers/contracts regarding individual and group business.
- To contribute to following the conversion ratio of the Group Department.
- To be aware of all market trends and share it to team so that a collective action can be implemented.
- To plan and arrange business trips to expand market awareness of the brand in key source markets.
- To attend the international fairs, roadshows maintain and build strong relations during these events.
- To consistently interact with key clients focusing on high profile guests.
- To maintain an efficient customer database system (OPERA), this is essential in generating sales activities report.
- To update customers with the latest developments in the hotel and inform hotel management of all changes in the customer profile.
- To seek out and target new customers, new sales opportunities and initiate action plan to secure new business for the Hotel.
- To assist Credit Department in following up all outstanding balances of accounts in a timely manner.
- To come prepared on weekly Sales and Revenue meetings
- To build and maintain good relations with all Accor Regional and Global Sales Offices.
- To be aware of all fire, health, safety, emergency and security procedures in the hotel.
- To keep the Director Of Sales promptly and fully informed of all problems or concerns so that corrective action can be taken on time.
- To adhere to the Department and Hotel's standard operating procedures (SOP's)
- To ensure strict confidentiality of information in the Department and Hotel.
- To carry out duties, projects and other assignments as required by Director Of Sales
- Good understanding of luxury & lifestyle market
- Good understanding of all hotel departments
- Professional sales and presentation skills
- Must have strong interpersonal skills with attention to details
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A team player with a positive attitude
- Strategic thinking combined with the ability to move strategy to action
- Problem solving skills
- Managerial / Leadership skills
- Self-motivated, creative and confident, with a highly energetic personality
- Creative, independent, and manages stress gracefully
- Ability to meet deadlines consistently
- Pro-active and taking initiative
- Must be organized and ability to work and follow systems and procedures
- Must be adaptable to change of strategy, ideas, systems etc.
- Must be guest service oriented
- Proficiency in organizational planning with the ability to multi-task
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum 3 years' experience in a sales position, preferably at a lifestyle hotel
- Degree/Diploma in Hotel Management / Business Administration
- Strong knowledge of Opera & Microsoft Office
- Understands the local culture and have worked in the region
- Fluency in English is a must
- Fluency in Arabic, and other languages, written and spoken, is an added advantage
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.