Job description / Role
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Sales, Corporate Sales, the Sales Manager, GCC will exceed our Guests' expectations in planning and executing each event while ensuring the best return value for the hotel.
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of Fairmont Hotels
- Position Fairmont Dubai as the Six Simple Standards leader
- Deliver the Fairmont Service Promise core beliefs and Occupational Health and Safety policies.
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with all accounts to ensure that client expectations are exceeded.
- Maintain, acquire and develop new and existing accounts to increase "The Groups" market share through research, telesales, existing databases etc.
- Explore business opportunities and convert them into room nights and revenue.
- Remain up to date with regional and international developments and convert these into sales opportunities for "The Group".
- Acquire and maintain a working knowledge and market intelligence of competition portfolio.
- Oversee the preparation and distribution of sales communication plans associated with the launch of any new brands or products within Fairmont Hotels and Resorts.
- Collate, send and follow up proposals, contracts and credit agreements.
- Check that all content produced by any of the Sales Team, internally or externally, is always in keeping with Fairmont standards of procedure, best practice and company policy.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports highlighting particular performance issues with accounts or markets, suggesting analysis and proposed remedial actions.
- Work with The Group management team to develop and implement strategic and tactical sales plans across "The Group's" portfolio and all market areas.
- Actively manage personal and teams Sales Activity targets.
- Oversee the preparation of sales promotions and broadcasts and actively follow up sales opportunities.
- Ensure that account information is up to date in the corporate systems (Opera, CDMS etc.) within the sales team.
- Use corporate management systems to provide maximum benefit for the sales team.
- Organization, participation and agreed follow up will be required for exhibitions, road-shows, business trips, workshops/training courses, site inspections and client events.
- Maintain and grow all company loyalty programs.
- Use clear communication across all channels and all aspects of work.
- Ensure the highest standards of professionalism and courtesy is extended to colleagues and partners at all times.
- Provide assistance to colleagues with any other duties when requested or when necessary.
- Adhere to standards of performance, best practice and all company policies.
- Actively practice and promote good time management and organization skills.
- Ensure that deadlines are always adhered to.
- Always thoroughly prepare for engagements, both internal and external, and represent Fairmont Hotels and Resorts in a professional manner.
- Adherence to grooming standards to ensure a professional corporate image is maintained
- University/College degree in a related discipline preferred
- Arabic speaker
- Minimum of 3 years experience in hotel sales. Additional experience in the hospitality industry an asset
- Good understanding of luxury market
- Good understanding of all hotel departments particularly housekeeping, front office, banquets and kitchen
- Must have strong interpersonal skills with attention to detail. Organization a must
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A team player with a positive attitude
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Must be results oriented, with a need to succeed
- Must be organized and ability to work and follow systems and procedures
- Must be adaptable to change of strategy, ideas, systems etc.
- Strong administrative ability
- Self-motivated, creative, confident, and highly energetic personality
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.