Job description / Role
To develop and implement sales strategy and plans in order to achieve high levels of sales, profits and wide consumer base for Buses & Light Commercial Vehicles.
Roles & Responsibilities
* Contribute in developing sales strategy and develop tactical plans to promote the business
* Provide budgetary inputs and agree on the annual sales plan, associated budget, sales target and forecast profitability for relevant Sales divisions, monitor performance against it, initiating corrective action where necessary to ensure business is developed within the agreed financial parameters and number of units.
* Review and monitor future sales plan implementation and results achieved on a regular basis. Make changes to the sales plan to adapt to unexpected changes in the business environment.
* Communicate sales plan and targets to Key Account Managers/Sales and Senior Sales Advisor and provide them sufficient training inputs, guidance and motivation to achieve targets successfully.
* Review all prospects and where they were generated from.
* Manage all aspects of the relevant showroom to ensure high standards in the layout, display, housekeeping and product information to convey the desired image of the brand and the Company.
* Deal with critical problems, major customer complaints or issues that may be escalated and ensure prompt action or decisions for timely resolution.
* Establish and maintain a network of business contacts and relationships within the market to increase market awareness, obtain market/competitor intelligence and customer preference information.
* Guide, direct, develop and motivate subordinates in day to day operations & highlight performance issues and actions accordingly (General Manager/HR etc.)
* Ensure all teams know of current pricing / marketing activities.
Qualifications & Experience
* University degree in relevant technical or business related discipline with tertiary qualification in sales
* Knowledge and experience of the automotive sector (with specific emphasis on Buses and Commercial Vehicles) in the local market.
* 6-8 years total experience in Buses and Commercial Vehicles field in UAE/GCC
* Networking skills.
* Ability to think beyond the immediate perceived requirement of the customer
* Knowledge and experience in Chinese brands Buses & LCV will be an added advantage
About the Company
Established in 1979, Al Tayer Group is a privately-held, diversified company with operations in 12 countries in the Middle East and beyond. With over 7,800 employees from 95 different nationalities, the Group has its headquarters in Dubai, UAE.
Al Tayer Group operates leading, quality-focused businesses in automobile sales and service, luxury and lifestyle retail, perfumes and cosmetics distribution, engineering as well as interiors contracting. The Groups portfolio includes several of the worlds leading brands such as Armani, Bvlgari, Banana Republic, Ford, Ferrari, Gucci, Gap, Harvey Nichols and Maserati. The Group operates over 180 stores across multiple markets in the Middle East. In addition, Al Tayer Group has investments in commercial real estate, contracting, supply chain management, precision tools manufacturing and travel agency services.