Job description / Role
Job Title: Senior Sales Account - Exhibitions
Reports To: Sales Manager / Sr. Sales Manager
Department: Sales - Exhibitions
Summary: Capable to sell an exhibition stand concept or an official show bid to an establishment, individual or an organisation by performing below duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Directs sales forecasting activities and performance goals for the team by supporting the team members to meet the expected target budget hence achieving the team target.
• Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from newspapers, business directories, industry ads, trade shows, Internet Web sites, and other sources.
• To discuss with their team leader their sales lead as well as clarify & confirm with the marketing dept that the sales lead does not belong to any another Sales staff before proceeding further.
• To call on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders and maintain good working relationship and to ensure all enquiries from all clients are met.
• Capable to sell an exhibition stand concept or an official show bid to an establishment, individual or an organisation by performing the following duties.
• Would be responsible to facilitate sales pitch and increase the confirmed projects ratio.
• Investigates and resolves customer problems.
• Needs to be updated on the latest market material trend & alternatives.
• Needs to meet sales targets, team objectives & convert business leads into clients.
• The Sales staff is required to meet the client forwarded by the Marketing Dept. towards obtaining the project brief along with the Marketing Dept. staff (a designer, a Production staff or their immediate team leader can also be considered to attend the briefing if required).
• Sales staff should brief the designer allocated by the Design Dept. head on the brief obtained along with a budget & a design guideline.
• If any AV equipment is required, then the Sales staff should involve the AV staff during the initial briefing to the designer
• Upon receiving the proposed design the Sales staff should brief the Production & obtain a pre-show costing in the presence of the designer if required.
• To ensure all prices received from the Production Dept. are relevant and competitive for the client.
• Able to draft a Sales contract based on the proposed design & costing received from the Production Department.
• To ensure all quotations are submitted on a timely manner, specially when it concerns a tender.
• The designer & the production staff to accompany the Sales staff for the initial presentation for large or complicated projects.
• Able to present the proposed design concept to the client using product samples, finishing materials and emphasize saleable features.
• The Sales staff should inform the designer & the production staff on the outcome of the presentation & make arrangements for the necessary changes or alterations requested to the design, cost or both.
• The Sales staff is required to obtain a written confirmation on the final design & quotation submitted should the project be accepted by the client in all aspects.
• Upon receiving a written confirmation from the client, the Sales staff is to get the approval of the Production staff, designer & the Managing Director on the pre-show costing.
• The Sales staff is required to submit 2 sets of the confirmed quotation & the signed pre-show to the Accounts Dept towards obtaining a job number & related invoice numbers.
• Sales staff to issue & submit the invoices to the client for the same.
• Sales staff to obtain working or detail structure & electrical drawings from the Design dept.
• Sales staff to brief the respective contractors in the presence of the production staff.
• Sales staff to approve samples of finishing materials to be used provided by the Production Dept.
• To ensure all drawings has been confirmed by the show management.
• Sales staff to make regular visits to check on the progress of the booth construction within the workshop.
• Sales staff to invite the client if possible to view the mock-up in the presence of the production staff.
• Sales staff is required to make sure that the advance payment has been settled before the move-in within the exhibition hall.
• Would be responsible to be present on site during the initial stage of the build up within the exhibition hall to inspect the booth location, the booth size & the presence of the electrical & connectivity cables as required.
• Would be responsible to make periodical checks as & when required on site while the project is under-way.
• Production staff to monitor & be responsible for the build-up within the Exh. Hall & consult with the Sales staff or request for the presence of the Sales staff for any queries that should arise.
• Sales staff is only required to make necessary visits to view the build-up progress.
About the Company
Engage was formed in 2007 in response to frustrations at the level of service delivery offered by traditional large recruitment agencies working in the construction market. With a belief in providing a truly knowledgeable, precise and quality driven service, Engage strives to offer a recruitment experience to both employers and candidates that is unrivalled in the marketplace.
We provide precision staffing solutions, including contingency and executive search, within the construction and commercial marketplaces. Our enduring relationships with market leading organisations in the region and overseas means we have access to the best candidates and the best vacancies.