Job description / Role
- Exceptional prospecting and negotiation skills
- Past event detailing experience preferred
- Prior hotel sales experience is preferred
- Strong revenue management skills to create financially sound group sales proposals.
- Competitive spirit with the ability to work in a fast paced environment and a strong desire to exceed revenue goals/expectations.
- Excellent customer service skills; demonstrates a positive attitude and is hospitable.
- Creative, genuine, service driven and passionate about exceeding Guest Expectations.
- Seeks out and participates in available training opportunities and applies learning and newly identified best practices where possible.
- Performs regular quality checks on events meetings and conferences to insure things are working smoothly.
- Responds to all issues (internal and external) in a positive manner and takes action to resolve.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
About the Company
Hyatt was founded by Jay Pritzker in 1957 when he purchased the Hyatt House motel adjacent to the Los Angeles International Airport. Over the following decade, Jay Pritzker and his brother, Donald Pritzker, working together with other Pritzker family business interests, grew the company into a North American management and hotel ownership company, which became a public company in 1962. In 1968, Hyatt International was formed and subsequently became a separate public company. Hyatt Corporation and Hyatt International Corporation were taken private by the Pritzker family business interests in 1979 and 1982, respectively. On December 31, 2004, substantially all of the hospitality assets owned by Pritzker family business interests, including Hyatt Corporation and Hyatt International Corporation, were consolidated under a single entity, now Hyatt Hotels Corporation.