Job description / Role
Comprehensive consultation and mentoring of the Group & Event organizer under consideration of the client's detailed needs & expectations with the goal to ensure optimal utilization and selling of the hotel's conference & sleeping rooms and revenue maximization in compliance with Kempinski standards.
The consolidation and advancement of the hotels market position is guaranteed by setting and meeting new standards in response and follow up time and focusing on the conversion of the inquiries to definite bookings.
Kempinski Hotel Mall of the Emirates
A luxurious alpine retreat in the heart of the desert, Kempinski Hotel Mall of the Emirates is a landmark Dubai hotel and one of Kempinski's most unique city properties. It combines exciting shopping, entertainment and dining options with lavish accommodation, including 15 spacious but cozy ski chalets overlooking Ski Dubai.
- Direct receipt, qualification and coordination of events & groups requests (incl. leads, RFPs, etc.) defined by their direct supervisor.
- Handle requests according to the relevant standards within a maximum of 5 (business) hours of its receipt.
- Apply the Kempinski MICE SOP's from group inquiry to contracting.
- Ensure the ideal and most effective utilization of the meeting and conference rooms.
- Carry out site inspections with potential MICE clients in coordination with the Field Sales department.
- Realize up sell possibilities to meet and surpass Group & Event budget goals.
- Thoroughly input, supervise and maintain the requests in the Opera S&C System according to the data input standards.
- Create activities to ensure ongoing maintenance of bookings.
- Generate proper proposals and contracts.
- Follow up on sent out proposals within 24 hours (1 working day) to ensure the client has received the information and to clarify possible questions and issues.
- Handle the inquiries until conversion to definite bookings including negotiation, contracting, and site inspection before handing over to the Event Manager (or to the Group & Event Coordinator).
- Ensure a proper handover of the converted business to the Event Manager / Group & Event Coordinator with all relevant information forwarded.
- Introduction of the Event Manager / Group & Event Coordinator to the client.
- Conduct exit interview with important customer after their event - asking for future business.
- Cross-sell to other hotels within the Kempinski Group (and GHA).
- Conduct regular competition checks.
- Review monthly results and forecasts to recommend and execute activities required to ensure the hotel increases the market share and maximizes its revenue.
- Proper maintenance of LOS/CAN and UNC business.
- Further administrative tasks and other possible assigned duties.
- Performs any other duties as assigned to them by management.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in Sales. Preferably in a 5 star hotels in same position
- Knowledge of hotel business operations
- Fluent English, Good written and verbal communication
- Additional languages is a strong asset
- Previous sales and events / banquets, preferably in Hotel, and positions of leadership and supervision teams
- Ability to Manage Stress situations, always promoting a constructive and positive attitude
- Proficiency in MS Office Software: Excel and Word
Hoteliers since 1897, Kempinski have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of its European heritage.
About the Company
The Kempinski name is proudly borne by a growing collection of distinguished properties around the world. As Europe's oldest luxury hotel group, we are committed to providing our guests with memorable journeys inspired by exquisite European flair. We believe life should be lived with style.
Each year, an increasing number of guests come to appreciate these qualities, as Kempinski adds new, exciting destinations in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia and The Americas. While this growth reflects the strength and success of the Kempinski brand, the collection will remain a limited one, where exclusivity can be nurtured and individuality can flourish.
We believe that our prestigious, European heritage puts Kempinski in a unique position to satisfy the expectations of the stylish and discerning traveller. It's not just to simply provide a hotel bed and a meal, at Kempinski it's all about bringing a story to life.
Since 1897, our employees have been a part of creating history around the world. From historic buildings to the most avant-garde of modern architecture, our properties are the setting for some of life's greatest moments. We've witnessed historic meetings between world leaders, celebrities taking sanctuary in the world of privacy we create for them, and created incredible memories for guests on a 'once-in-a-lifetime' journey.
We are wholeheartedly committed to providing perfection for our guests at every moment and in every way. Perhaps it's something as life-changing as a wedding celebration, where our attention to detail and perfect service mean that your special day goes without a hitch. Or perhaps it's as simple as the note left on your pillow at night, which thoughtfully lets you know the weather tomorrow so you know how to dress in the morning. At Kempinski, we are each personally responsible for creating rich and meaningful experiences for our guests.
Bluebox HR Limited
Sales & Marketing Manager
Abdulla Bin Zayed Group
Event Management Professional
Big Fish Recruitment
|Abu Dhabi||13 Feb|